Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-26-2004, 10:35 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via Yahoo to Wally
Just checked my email history and I did get an email from Aquarium advice when I first signed up they sent me confirmation of my email. I also was once notified by aquarium advise that I had a PM on this board?

The more I learn the less I know
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 11:25 PM   #22
AA Team Emeritus

Different subjects will get different scores from spam filtering software, it could be the subject line that get's email notifications tagged. Have you checked with your ISP?

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 08:54 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Activist

not yet (just figured out what the heck ISP means lol) Ill try to get some clarification on that soon with live support through Charter Cable...Thanks

Old 03-17-2004, 11:45 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

Just a follow up,

The other day I just started getting the emails. And I did not call my ISP or make any changes to my system. Ive just been going on line and clicking "view your watched posts".

Thought this info may be valuable to the mediators.

Old 03-18-2004, 05:19 AM   #25
AA Team Emeritus

Hmmm, the way the email notification act is this.

You subscribe to a thread, either by posting to it, or by clicking the "Watch This Topic" link at the bottom of a thread. After subscribing (or watching) a thread/topic, you will receive 1 email from the site when the next reply is posted (if email notification is selected in your profile), no further email will be received about that thread until you visit the site AND you visit that particular thread you received the email about. This is the only negative about having the message in the email, you may not visit the topic, cause you already read what was in the message.

One thing to be careful, there are two links in each email, on to visit the thread, and 1 to unsubscribe (or Stop Watching) the thread, ht the wrong link and no more email about that thread

It sounds like for whatever reason you did not visit the topic after an email was sent to you. This could be cause you didn't receive the original email or the reason stated above, or whatever other reason. At any rate, I am glad that it has started working for you

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 09:55 AM   #26
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Quote:
receive 1 email from the site when the next reply is posted (if email notification is selected in your profile), no further email will be received about that thread until you visit the site AND you visit that particular thread you received the email about
This is different than how the popular vbulliten sites work. With their notifictions all you have to do is visit the site and your notfiiction e-mails reset so a reply to any thread you had previously been watching now sends out a message. Quite anoying in my book expecially if its an old topic or something you no longer wish to follow.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:04 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Activist

Well most have an unsubscribe button of some sort. Even taking all of these considerations into account I was still not getting email notification until earlier this week?
Sure glad Im receiving them now.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com