Email Notification has stopped...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nanoluvr

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ever since a few days ago, AA has ceased to notify me by email when a subscribed thread has been responded to....any thoughts?

I turned that off a while ago because I was getting hundreds of e-mails. I turned it back on and subscribed to this thread. Someone post and I'll let you know if I get an e-mail.

I like it, 'cause if I'm short on time, I can at least respond tsomeone if they've asked me a question in a specific thread.

It didn't email me when you just posted that.......

Did you allow for a "delay" in receiving the email? Sometimes when my husband and I are on the phone, he tells me he has sent an email. I look and it's there instantly. Other times it takes a half hour or so to appear in my inbox.

Did you change your profile accidentally? Go to the blue bar at the top of any screen and click on User CP. In the left column, under Settings and Options (third block down) click on Edit Options. In the screen that appears, look under Messaging and Notification - you'll see an area entitled Default Thread Subscription Mode. Use the drop-down box to select the option you want, the Instant Email Notification. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll notify the tech admin.

Try again.. I changed it to a weekly report instead of instant. Oopps...

Didn't get one from fishys post yet... i'll let you know.

Did you allow for a "delay" in receiving the email? Sometimes when my husband and I are on the phone, he tells me he has sent an email. I look and it's there instantly. Other times it takes a half hour or so to appear in my inbox.

Did you change your profile accidentally? Go to the blue bar at the top of any screen and click on User CP. In the left column, under Settings and Options (third block down) click on Edit Options. In the screen that appears, look under Messaging and Notification - you'll see an area entitled Default Thread Subscription Mode. Use the drop-down box to select the option you want, the Instant Email Notification. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Save Changes. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll notify the tech admin.

Sure. If by delay you mean 3 days, then yes, lol. I usually recieve them within oh....30 seconds or so.

Yes...it says instant not. still. I haven't changed it. Verified again, though. Still the same.

No notification from your post either... i'll be on for a while so i'll let you know

Sorry for the snafu with the notifications. We made some changes at our end and a few folks aren't getting notifications. When your ISP catches up with the DNS changes at our end (likely a day or two) this should be resolved. Thanks for being patient.

Have you checked a spam filter and ensured that the e-mail address is correct? Maybe a bug swapped the e-mail address around?

I'm still not receiving any e-mails. DNS propagation should not take this long, maybe something else?

Back
Top Bottom