Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

Error with this website??

Hi! I am not sure exactly what the issue is here. It started last night and the problem continues to plague me making even browsing this site impossible. When I try to click on anything (forums, questions, post an answer, etc), my Internet Explorer stops working and I receive an 'error message' stating "an error or failure of this website has forced Internet Explorer to close this program". I have tried refreshing and restarting my computer to no avail. I do not have this issue with any other sites, just here. Any suggestions???

Old 02-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

GET firefox its far better try it out at least see if its an internet explorer issue

Old 02-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

I has issues previously with receiving email notifications and it had something to do with my internet provider (Comcast). I am wondering if this is another issue with my IP or this site-related issue as the error message suggests?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Sounds like a computer specific issues, not the site. I'm on comcast and firefox with no issues. Was it when you did something in particular or did it do it no matter what you clicked? Could be virus related too.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

I do not have firefox- just Comcast Xfinity/Windows Explorer 7 (and Constant Guard/Norton anti-virus). I was merely browsing questions last night and this started happening. It happens no matter what I click on this specific site but does not occur on any other sites or with anything else except for this specific site.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree that a virus is probably to blame. I've had it happen to me on other websites. Get something like Firefox or Google Chrome, I've been running GC for a few months and haven't had a single issue.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have just done a slew of searching for info on this issue & discovered part of the problem. My computer automatically updates itself. Well, I discovered it installed an update to 'adobe flash player' last night & apparently, quite a few people have had the same issue with certain sites once this update is installed because of compatability issues (DEP?). The solution evidently is either to remove the program or somehow turn DEP settings off & problem solved. Well, my computer refuses to uninstall the program because of a 'gplayer' which I can not find anywhere in my computer. And I am a loss.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have problems getting my app to work most of the time. It pops up error thing and I can't read anything it just turns black
Old 02-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

It was the site. I had issues with my phone and couldn't even get onto the site on my computer...
Old 02-08-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

I SOLVED the problem!!!! I had to install an 'uninstaller' program & remove all of the Adobe Flash Player programs. Evidently, the new ones are not compatible with older running systems (my computer is 2 1/2 yrs old)- even those that are updated automatically. As I discovered , facebook did not work either & continually closed with error messages (same as this site). I guess I will not be able to open/run everything (ie videos) but my computer now works again!

EDIT-- this was too good to be true....now the site is not working AGAIN!!!!
I am at a complete & utter loss now on how to fix the problem!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com