Expect some downtime tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Due to some very exciting news the site will be down for approximately an hour tonight. When it comes back up, when you type in www.aquariumadvice.com, you will be directed to the site on a NEW SERVER. This isn't just you run of the mill average server move either, because of our growth over the past year, Aaron (fishfreek) and I (reefrunner69) have found it necessary to get the site it's own dedicated server. With the new server (all to ourselves) you should see an increase in speed and functionality of the site. This has been a goal of ours since shortly after starting the site and tonight it will ba another goal achieved by and for the members of AquariumAdvice.com!

With so much space all to ourselves we are going to give a little back to the members, once the move is final there will be new upload limits for both regular members and Alumni members as follows.
Regular members
Forum Quota 2MB -- Currently 1MB
Photo Gallery 5MB -- Currently 1MB

Alumni members
Forum Quota 10MB -- Currently 4MB
Photo Gallery 10MB -- Currently 4MB
E-mail forward

Also look for a slightly different look to AquariumAdvice.com. As of right now we are not sure exactly when the downtime will take place. It should be no earlier than 8:00pm-8:30pm EST.

The bulk of the move is complete. The photogallery will be going thru an upgrade process shortly so if you get an error with the gallery please be patient. We will post back here when the gallery upgrade is complete.

Photo Gallery has been uploaded. If anyone is having problems with being logged into the gallery please logout of the website. CLear your cookies and log back in.

Congratulations!!! I have been a memebr for just about 6 months I believe....the growth since I have been here is just amazing!!

Back
Top Bottom