Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrs.h2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,977
Fake profiles?

It could just be me, but there seem to be a lot of fake profiles and threads lately. Is there any way admins or mods could screen these profiles and take them down of they are in fact fakes? Quite honestly the profiles/threads I have seen that I think are fake are getting annoying, and I feel like people who really need and want advice aren't getting a chance to get their advice because many members here will (including myself) will go
on and on trying to convince someone out of doing the wrong thing for their fish, in turn getting
more responses and their thread staying at the top where it will be seen and the members threads who want and need the advice may not ever get it because their thread gets pushed down to where no one will see it.
__________________

__________________
Mrs.h2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
nereksnad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
if you have concerns about someone possibly being fake or spamming the forum you sould press the report button, or contact a MOD on the chat (they are usually friendly )
__________________

__________________
sincerely, nereksnad.
nereksnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrs.h2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by nereksnad
if you have concerns about someone possibly being fake or spamming the forum you sould press the report button, or contact a MOD on the chat (they are usually friendly )
I only have the app through an iPhone, so no chat however having chat on the iphone app would be nice! I know this thread may sound stupid... But I've been on many forums before and know how it feels to know threads you make because you really do need the advice from others and the only thing standing in your way from getting advice you need from someone with experience and the only thing standing in your way is a troll (what fake profiles were called on the forum before this one I wan on) or a fake profile can be just a tad bit aggravating
__________________
Mrs.h2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Andrew McFadden's Avatar

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: johnstown, ohio
Posts: 7,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.h2012 View Post

I only have the app through an iPhone, so no chat however having chat on the iphone app would be nice! I know this thread may sound stupid... But I've been on many forums before and know how it feels to know threads you make because you really do need the advice from others and the only thing standing in your way from getting advice you need from someone with experience and the only thing standing in your way is a troll (what fake profiles were called on the forum before this one I wan on) or a fake profile can be just a tad bit aggravating
I saw your thread and I know it went a while if it even has got an answer yet but I just wanted you to know. I do see your point and I believe this has been discussed before witch was one of the reasons they added unanswered threads in quick links. I use it all the time and if I feel I can help I say something. In your case I know nothing about rams
__________________
Andrew McFadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
come get me tang police!
 
jetajockey's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a swamp near you /Pensacola, FL
Posts: 12,047
What do you mean by 'fake profiles'? Spammers? If you see spam just hit the report button on it and we'll get to it asap.
__________________
Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
jetajockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrs.h2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey View Post
What do you mean by 'fake profiles'? Spammers? If you see spam just hit the report button on it and we'll get to it asap.
Well the forum I was on before this one they were called 'trolls'.
__________________
Mrs.h2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #7
come get me tang police!
 
jetajockey's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a swamp near you /Pensacola, FL
Posts: 12,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.h2012 View Post

Well the forum I was on before this one they were called 'trolls'.
If you think someone is trolling please report it and we'll look into it. We do have rules against it.
__________________
Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
jetajockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrs.h2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey View Post

If you think someone is trolling please report it and we'll look into it. We do have rules against it.
Question... I know to report one you click the report button, when it pops up where you can type a reply is there anything in particular you need to say or just basically say I think this is a troll please check it out? I only have the iPhone app, I know how to report a thread but I haven't figured out how I report a specific user. Is there a way to report the user or does the user get reviewed by a thread being reported?
__________________
Mrs.h2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:00 PM   #9
come get me tang police!
 
jetajockey's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: In a swamp near you /Pensacola, FL
Posts: 12,047
Yeah, just report a particular offending post and include any pertinent information that you may have.
__________________
Dont Forget to Join my FREE weekly Plant Giveaway.
Click Here!
jetajockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrs.h2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey View Post
Yeah, just report a particular offending post and include any pertinent information that you may have.
Ok got it. Thank you
__________________

__________________
Mrs.h2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.