Fake profiles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
It could just be me, but there seem to be a lot of fake profiles and threads lately. Is there any way admins or mods could screen these profiles and take them down of they are in fact fakes? Quite honestly the profiles/threads I have seen that I think are fake are getting annoying, and I feel like people who really need and want advice aren't getting a chance to get their advice because many members here will (including myself) will go
on and on trying to convince someone out of doing the wrong thing for their fish, in turn getting
more responses and their thread staying at the top where it will be seen and the members threads who want and need the advice may not ever get it because their thread gets pushed down to where no one will see it.

if you have concerns about someone possibly being fake or spamming the forum you sould press the report button, or contact a MOD on the chat (they are usually friendly ;))

nereksnad said:
if you have concerns about someone possibly being fake or spamming the forum you sould press the report button, or contact a MOD on the chat (they are usually friendly ;))

I only have the app through an iPhone, so no chat :( however having chat on the iphone app would be nice! I know this thread may sound stupid... But I've been on many forums before and know how it feels to know threads you make because you really do need the advice from others and the only thing standing in your way from getting advice you need from someone with experience and the only thing standing in your way is a troll (what fake profiles were called on the forum before this one I wan on) or a fake profile can be just a tad bit aggravating :)

I only have the app through an iPhone, so no chat :( however having chat on the iphone app would be nice! I know this thread may sound stupid... But I've been on many forums before and know how it feels to know threads you make because you really do need the advice from others and the only thing standing in your way from getting advice you need from someone with experience and the only thing standing in your way is a troll (what fake profiles were called on the forum before this one I wan on) or a fake profile can be just a tad bit aggravating :)

I saw your thread and I know it went a while if it even has got an answer yet but I just wanted you to know. I do see your point and I believe this has been discussed before witch was one of the reasons they added unanswered threads in quick links. I use it all the time and if I feel I can help I say something. In your case I know nothing about rams :)

If you think someone is trolling please report it and we'll look into it. We do have rules against it.

Question... I know to report one you click the report button, when it pops up where you can type a reply is there anything in particular you need to say or just basically say I think this is a troll please check it out? I only have the iPhone app, I know how to report a thread but I haven't figured out how I report a specific user. Is there a way to report the user or does the user get reviewed by a thread being reported?

I don't know if your using iPhone or Android app, but if your touch and hold on a post, 4 options will pop up, one of which is "Report" which will take you to a message page where you explain your concern, then press the send button at the bottom of the screen. I've do.e this about a dozen times. Works GREAT! We have awesome, QUICK. and typically nice mods here at AA.

P.S. I'm posting from the Android App

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom