Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fish and Coral prices

I was wondering if there is an area where people can go and post prices. So new and old members have the knowledge of current prices. Basically if we are getting good deals or getting ripped off. Would kinda be nice to see what other members pay from different areas. We could just list what we purchased and price. Thanks

Old 03-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The only downfall of this, IMO, is that different areas are much harder to come by certain corals and require a lot of transportation. I live in SoCal and we took a trip back east and I couldn't believe how much their prices were for basic corals. That played a big factor.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Prices vary drastically from lfs to lfs and like jmkb02 mentioned, region of the country. If anything, prices on Liveaquaria.com are probably on the priciest side of things. At a few LFS around me, I pay about 40-50%ish of LA prices. It really just depends. At a lot of mom and pop LFS, it's not uncommon to get a discount on your stuff for being a "regular". Just my $.02
Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I agree with you guys a 100%, I just was thinking it might help people realize, that maybe shopping around or driving that extra mile. Would actually be worth it to them. This topic just recently sparked my interest when I found out a friend of mine supplies a lot of corals to my LFS. Lol I thought he just did the maintenance on clients tanks. I was telling him about the magician palys I got at the LFS along time ago. He just laughed at me, because whenever the LFS got really cool and different corals in, it came from him. I felt dumb, since the LFS always jacks up the prices a little. Thanks for your interest in the topic guys

Tags
coral

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com