For admins, rating questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

something_fishy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was looking through the posts and noticed a difference that tweaked my curiosity..
The 5 fish under someones name indicates what. I am beta with a 1 fish rating. There is a Anemone with a 4 fish rating who has 355 posts and 445 kudos. There is also an advisor with a 5 fish rating who has 312 posts and 392 kudos. What gives this person a higher fish rating (5 fish as opposed to 4 fish)????????????? :? Also, the anemone joined earlier than the advisor, has more posts and more kudos, would logic dictate that he/she has a higher fish count rating???
It isn't anything really, just curiosity, personally I'm not offended or complaining, just curios, thats all.

This topic was moved to it's crrent forum.

In theory the more fish you have the more you have contributed to the site. Thus advisors have 5 fish the same as someone with 500 posts.

While contrbutions do not exactly reflect knowlege. A new member who may be 10X more knowlegable than myself might join they would have 0 fish to start out with and build their way up. Someone who joined 6 months ago and posts infrequently would have a lower # of fish than someone who joined 1 month ago and was very active.

Back
Top Bottom