Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-11-2003, 11:15 PM   #11

Fair enough sir. I have already started my experiment though. With your permission, I can post my results.

Old 06-11-2003, 11:18 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
How could I provide evidence of what was information issued by hearsay? I was ASKING a question.
We've been over this in pm. Your question was answered, you chose to continue on with it, your question was answered honestly by several people, not just one. Many posed reasons why it was a bad idea, yet you still continued on with the thread. Then when a challenge was posed to you, the gauntlet thrown down so to speak...you started showing signs of irritation and then dropped to name calling. There had already been a warning in that thread, hopefully you remember it, both parts hold true.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 06-11-2003, 11:21 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Oh yeah....as for the popularity, it's kinda like a train wreck you don't wanna look...but you just can't help yourself, that does not mean it is noteworthy in any way accept notoriety.

Quote:
Fair enough sir. I have already started my experiment though. With your permission, I can post my results.
Please do.

Old 06-11-2003, 11:27 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Yep. I am interested in your results. I posted in the other topic what I felt you would need to do to get a true control out of this. I will try to repeat my views here since the other thread is out of view. (for what its worth it was not deleted it was simply removed from view.

I feel to get a proper test out of this one would need to know how long it took for a known level of ammonia to cycle the tank on its own. Lets say an ammonia level of 1.0ppm to cycle to 0ppm of ammonia and 0 ppm of nitrite on its own. Once that time was established in a seperate tank or after that tank had been drained and sanatized to remove any bactera from the system add the 1.0ppm of ammonia and add your method to cycle. In this case being a single or set of footware.

Then measure the days it takes to get to 0ppm of ammonia and 0 ppm of nitrite.

Does this sound like a correct experiment process? Just trying to remember from my days in science class as I know you need some kind of control to measure your tests aganst.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:27 PM   #15

Thanks for your professionalism FishFreek

I wish there were more of you out there...

Old 06-11-2003, 11:28 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
BTW before someone feels they where wronged by us moving the thread to site help feedback. It was moved here because it was a question about the site and thats what the site help/feedback forum is for.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:30 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to Leader of Men
Yeah, FishFreek is awesome!

Cheers!
Old 06-11-2003, 11:31 PM   #18

I see they are removing any thread that makes a good point like the Gestapo one by Flipper....this one won't even last as long as the Venera 13 planetary probe. Of course - I'm sure someone will feel the Venera 13 probe is a myth.

Old 06-11-2003, 11:35 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

The Gestapo thread wasn't removed, it was moved to the Site Help/Feedback forum, it was better suited to that forum than the lounge. I am merging this thread with that one.

Old 06-11-2003, 11:42 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Argh, I had a nice post on that other message but you must have merge them before I submited. I got some error when i posted and then IE crashed and I lost my message.

Dangit. Oh well.

It seems like i read your mind pyackel as three minues prior to your posting that we removed it i posted that incase anyone thoght we moved the post due to its content we really moved it cause it fit better in site help feedback.

Closed Thread

Tags
control

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com