Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-11-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Getting Logged Off at Midnight

I have been getting logged off at midnight for about the past two weeks now. If I log right back in, I get kicked right back off. I wait till about 12:15 or 12:20 am to get back in. (I know, I should just go to bed!)

Is there a site update running at that time? I just wondered if you're aware of this. I do lose all my posts on the "View Posts Since Last Visit", if I haven't gotten through them all, but then I can just go to the "View Posts In Last 24 Hours" option, and I can remember which ones I didn't get to. If I want to answer a post, I've learned to look at the clock first!

Old 03-12-2004, 09:40 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Your getting physically logged off? Like you have to enter your username and password?

If thats the case then the issue must be on your end. We have a bandwidth guage that we can monitor that updates every 2 minutes. Basicly if for some reason there is a network blip for as short as 2 minutes it shows up on the bandwidth meter as having no traffic transmited over that period of time. I check this bandwidth chart a few times a day and we have not had a site wide outage since the last system reboot.

http://www.storage-hosting.com/bandwidth/

The red lines represent midnight and each little tick is 1 hour.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #3
steve-s

I actually have had the same issue repeatedly at 9:00 pm PST. It does not physically log you out but it removes all new posts. You can still view the forum easily just all the "new post" flags are gone.

Cheers
Steve

Old 03-12-2004, 12:45 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Well if its hapening exactly at midnight servertime then I supose it has to do with the whos online list and its whos online in the last 24 hours. This list is really not the last 24hours but more a list of whos online since midnight.

Notihing related to the site other than editing the View My Gallery link has been changed in months.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 03-12-2004, 03:06 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Hi Fishfreek,
Yes, I get physically logged off. The screen style changes to the default (from my style, fisubapple) and if I try to go back to my "View all posts" screen to read a new topic, I get the log-in screen. If I log in right then, I will get kicked off again. So I wait a bit before trying again. When I do get back in, the "View all posts since last visit" screen only has a few posts in it, instead of a few pages, because all the posts that were there at midnight were cleared. Thanks!
Old 03-12-2004, 07:30 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Is the database that supports the site being backed up at midnight, or something similiar?

P.S. My husband says it's never the network....
Old 03-13-2004, 09:49 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Only on Monday/Wed and Friday does the backup script run. And that does not take down the database server. Instead its just a mysqldump of the current tables.

That script has been scheduled that way since we got the dedicated server in early Dec.

Old 03-14-2004, 12:00 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Thanks, Fishfreek,
It happened again last night -- Friday at midnight, actually 11:59 pm on my clock. I'll keep track of when it happens, and if there's anything else to report, I'll let you know.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:34 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

i also jusy got dumped at midnight. read a thread, went back to the list, chose a new thread, and it shows up in the default theme. if i try to go to the next page of new posts, it comes no posts match your criteria. just logged back in.
10g: 7 cardinal tetras, 7 black neon tetras, 5 pygmy cories
10g: 3 leopard geckos
a yellow lab, a bichon frise, and a grey tabby cat
Old 03-16-2004, 01:13 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

It just happened again! I'm gonna need therapy if I keep getting kicked off my favorite web site!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com