Getting Logged Off at Midnight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

An t-iasg

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been getting logged off at midnight for about the past two weeks now. If I log right back in, I get kicked right back off. I wait till about 12:15 or 12:20 am to get back in. (I know, I should just go to bed!) :sleeping:

Is there a site update running at that time? I just wondered if you're aware of this. I do lose all my posts on the "View Posts Since Last Visit", if I haven't gotten through them all, but then I can just go to the "View Posts In Last 24 Hours" option, and I can remember which ones I didn't get to. If I want to answer a post, I've learned to look at the clock first!

Your getting physically logged off? Like you have to enter your username and password?

If thats the case then the issue must be on your end. We have a bandwidth guage that we can monitor that updates every 2 minutes. Basicly if for some reason there is a network blip for as short as 2 minutes it shows up on the bandwidth meter as having no traffic transmited over that period of time. I check this bandwidth chart a few times a day and we have not had a site wide outage since the last system reboot.

http://www.storage-hosting.com/bandwidth/

The red lines represent midnight and each little tick is 1 hour.

I actually have had the same issue repeatedly at 9:00 pm PST. It does not physically log you out but it removes all new posts. You can still view the forum easily just all the "new post" flags are gone.

Cheers
Steve

Well if its hapening exactly at midnight servertime then I supose it has to do with the whos online list and its whos online in the last 24 hours. This list is really not the last 24hours but more a list of whos online since midnight.

Notihing related to the site other than editing the View My Gallery link has been changed in months.

Hi Fishfreek,
Yes, I get physically logged off. The screen style changes to the default (from my style, fisubapple) and if I try to go back to my "View all posts" screen to read a new topic, I get the log-in screen. If I log in right then, I will get kicked off again. So I wait a bit before trying again. When I do get back in, the "View all posts since last visit" screen only has a few posts in it, instead of a few pages, because all the posts that were there at midnight were cleared. Thanks!

Is the database that supports the site being backed up at midnight, or something similiar?

P.S. My husband says it's never the network.... :lol:

Only on Monday/Wed and Friday does the backup script run. And that does not take down the database server. Instead its just a mysqldump of the current tables.

That script has been scheduled that way since we got the dedicated server in early Dec.

Thanks, Fishfreek,
It happened again last night -- Friday at midnight, actually 11:59 pm on my clock. I'll keep track of when it happens, and if there's anything else to report, I'll let you know.

i also jusy got dumped at midnight. read a thread, went back to the list, chose a new thread, and it shows up in the default theme. if i try to go to the next page of new posts, it comes no posts match your criteria. just logged back in. :?

It just happened to me :( right at midnight eastern time.
I logged back in, re-enter my post, hit submit and was asked to login again. :mrgreen:
I suspect space aliens 0X .

Ok ok. So we all know this happens at midnight. We cant do anything about it so its like beating a dead horse.

Happened to me too. 9:00PM PST (midnight for the east coast).

I was typing a lengthy explanation of thermodynamics and how to establish an equilibrium between heat given off by a small tank and heat absorbed from a light source given an insulated location. I hit send and get a login page and lost my entire dissertation.

oh well, I guess it was for the best...I was forced to summarize in laymen's terms and leave out the lengthy explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom