Help please. Big tragedy for local fish keepers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoppaRyno

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all. I'm trying to figure out how to organize some kind of fund raiser, or take donations, or selling fish/plants to raise money. The purpose behind this is that on Monday our LFS burned down. Pet World in Lawrence, KS was and will be again the best fish store I've ever been to. This has left many of us here with great sadness in our hearts, mind, and hobby. This store was started by an aquatic hobbyist. This store is abt the hobbyist, and they know their stuff. They even have breeding programs in the back. We as a community here should embrace exactly this in a store. Thing is, I don't know where to start on this site. Will this site even allow me to raise money for them. Can anyone help me?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm gonna guess that they have insurance and a fund raiser may not be needed at all. ;)

Wow.... Way to show some love. I know they have insurance. But there are lots of misplaced animals being cared for on fosters dimes. Anything helps. This is a family owned place. This was tragic to them and the community of pet lovers.

Wow.... Way to show some love. I know they have insurance. But there are lots of misplaced animals being cared for on fosters dimes. Anything helps. This is a family owned place. This was tragic to them and the community of pet lovers.

well helping to care for critters is one thing. you made it sound as if they need you to raise money to rebuild, but if they had good coverage, then I'm sure their insurance will cover rebuilding.

Have you contacted the owners to discuss fund raising or what you could do to help. Seems to make more sense to ask them what areas they could use help with. They may not need a dime but could possibly use some muscle for clean up, etc.

Maybe you should look into things a bit more before you start a fund-raising campaign.
and no I'm not being callous, just reacting reasonably rather than emotionally.

I know the owner and managers. I have offered my volunteer manpower. Just wanting to help above and beyond because they've done a lot for this community besides just being an LFS. The fire department was having trouble contacting anyone because store was closed and they were off raising money on Memorial day. Enough said.

Thanks guys. I'm working to get a funding site up. As soon as I do I will post a link. Everyone's support is greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Happy tanking.

Gofundme is probably the most well known crowd funding site... However soliciting for donations on here is not allowed. So feel free to try and help the store if that's your desire, just be sure you don't use AA to do so.

Feel free to contact one of us if you need any clarification

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom