Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-05-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to woodsplace1
Help with avatar vs. signature pic....

Ok...I give up! I have resized and reformated my pics to make that cute little pic that everyone has under their name when they make posts. My question is, is this the avatar pic or the signature pic? I have made it less than 15, no more than 35125 (it is actually 16120) and it still won't take the god forsaken picture. Keeps saying, your file size must be less than...blah, blah, blah! I am so frustrated.....HELP ME! I'm not a computer dummy, I know how to size down pics and browse and place, what am I doing wrong here? I just want to put a pic of my adorable ADF in a little box under my name when I make posts....AAAGGGGHHHHH, HELP ME SOMEONE!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_4460_111.jpg (18.4 KB, 71 views)

Old 04-05-2006, 04:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
Hopefully someone will chime in to help soon.....Not sure how to do it either.Husband did mine for me.

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Melissamustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Quote:
Only one image can be displayed at a time. Its width can be no greater than 125 pixels, the height no greater than 125 pixels, and the file size no more than 12 KB.
TO have an image under your name thats an avatar and the above is the file size and image size limits for an avatar. The image you attached is 160x120 and 18.37kb.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Moved to Site Help forum.

The avatar pic is the one under your name. The signature pic is the one under the text of your posts.

The avatar pic must be no larger than 125 x 125 pixels and the file size must be 12 KB or less. Your frog pic is 160 x 120, 18 KB. The width of 350 that you're referring to applies to the signature picture. To get the frog to appear as your avatar, you need to resize it again to the avatar pic specs and when you go to your profile to add it, make sure you enter the information into the Avatar Control Panel, almost at the bottom of the page. Hope this helps!

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Here is your image resized to fit as an avatar.

120x90 and a file size of 5.08KB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_4460_111_207.jpg (5.1 KB, 43 views)

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to woodsplace1
you guys ROCK! Thank you fishfreek and rich311k and everyone else that chimed in...! Yeah! Now why couldn't I do that? Thanks for resizing...worked like a charm!

Tags

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com