Help with posting images

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishcraze

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good day!
I've been posting here using Photobucket and providing direct links to images in my posts. I have been looking for an alternative though so AI tried both Google Photo and Flikr and haven't been able to get the images to show up. Probably missing a step but maybe you can help. Instead of creating an unnecessary post, I thought I would just provide a link to an image and maybe you can help. First, here is the link: https://flic.kr/p/JCqZ8Y. Now when I post it using image tags, I get this:

JCqZ8Y

Can you help? Thanks.

Oooh, this is a tough one. I believe the image tags only work with links pointing to actual image files (typically JPG files) but they don't work well with links to directories or folders (which is what I suspect is going on here).
I used to see this with Imgur. There are multiple mobile apps for Imgur and one of the ones I used only provided the link to a folder as opposed to a link to an actual image file. In my case, I simply used the appropriate Imgur app that provided links to the image file.
I am not familiar with with using Flickr but a quick Google search yielded this link to the Flickr Help Forum. It's a bit dated but you should find your answer in here. Good luck with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am using an Ipad 2. I did figure it out but not from the link that Fresh provided. I did try that one but apparently Flickr has made changes along the way or perhaps it works differently for an ipad. Either way I will quickly mention how I did it in case someone else wants to use Flickr as well. Flickr does in fact normally link to the album page and not to the image itself which will not work when posting in any forum anywhere. What you need instead is a link to the image itself. Here is how I did that:

Click once on the image you want to use from Flickr's Photostream. This will take you to a page with just the one image you clicked on. There are four icons to the lower right of the image. The last icon looks is a downward arrow. Once you click on this arrow, it will display different sizes for you to choose from. Once you have selected a size, it will display the image again by itself now. Simply press on the image and hold. You will be given the option to, "Save Image" or "Copy". You want to select "Copy". Once you have done this, proceed to the forum post and select the Insert Image icon. It will pop up a box to enter a url. I usually backspace to remove the http:// that is already there. The image you copied already has that included. Now just tap in the box and it will give you the option to paste. The url you paste should read something like

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/XXXX/XXXXXXXXXXXXX_XXXXXXX_

Click done and once you select preview, you should be looking at the image.

Simples! Great find. I was going to suggest the AA album (although that isn't easy on early mobile models) but good news you have a solution.

That sounds like a simple process with Flickr. And the size selection option is a nice feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom