How Do I Add Photos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Deborah. You can do it a few different ways. You can attach photos from the app by touching the "+" sign when replying to a post.

There is additional info in the mobile app sticky in this forum that has screenshots. It is the sticky at the very bottom of the stickies :)

Your welcome.

Better start a thread in the planted tank section though... You have some non aquatic plants in your tank...

Those variegated broad leafed plants are not aquatic plants. They will eventually die submerged. Won't hurt to leave them for awhile but take em out if/when they start deteriorating.

Those variegated broad leafed plants are not aquatic plants. They will eventually die submerged. Won't hurt to leave them for awhile but take em out if/when they start deteriorating.

Ahh ok thanks Fort, why do the aquarium shops sell them if their not aquatic? Really that's false consumerism, can't trust anyone these days it's so annoying, and I see those in every aquarium shop I go to!!!

Yup. Unfortunately lots of nonaquatic/terrestrial/bog plants are sold in the hobby as aquatic. Really got to do your homework upfront. It ends up frustrating people in the hobby who are new as they think they are doing things right but their plants tend to die after a few months in the tank.

Yup. Unfortunately lots of nonaquatic/terrestrial/bog plants are sold in the hobby as aquatic. Really got to do your homework upfront. It ends up frustrating people in the hobby who are new as they think they are doing things right but their plants tend to die after a few months in the tank.

Yes I've since read up and have seen what to avoid now. I also noticed at one shop that all their plants had algae on them and tiny snail like creatures on some, is that best to avoid buying from there? Just wondered..

Do I get a gold star if I assume you bought your plants from Pets Domain?

Limited range and they don't always have quality stock. Snails are also a problem with their stock I find .... :whistle:

Do I get a gold star if I assume you bought your plants from Pets Domain?

Limited range and they don't always have quality stock. Snails are also a problem with their stock I find .... :whistle:

No I actually got them from a fish and bird place at west Gosford! So no gold star for you lol

But I've gotten rid of them as they were not true Aquarium plants grrrrr

I'm going to a place at Erina now it's a plant and Aquarium supplier, they seem good, a bit pricey but much better quality and they do free water testing till I get my master kit :)

As an acid test on terrestrial vs. aquatic plants, if you hold an aquatic plant at the base right side up, it will want to collapse while terrestrial plants do not. (Aquatic plant leaves kind of float to keep the plant upright in the water.) The major exceptions to this I can think of off the top of my head are anubias and Java fern. Those two are aquatic, but will still stand up out of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom