How do I get my pics to fit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
All,
I tried to upload a pic from my camera. The file size it 1.2M. Anyone know how I can make it small enough to fit as a sig file or pic next to my posts? I have the HP software that I can edit pics, but can't seem to figure out how to "shrink" them...

That website didn't work for me, try http://www.resize2mail.com/ they will do it free. After you hit submit your new image will be displayed on the bottom. Right click, select Save Image As, and there you have a smaller image.

My HP software has a choice for resizing to fit a web page...360x400 I think that is the size, just haven't had it work yet...I will keep trying...

Thanks for the advice!

physical image size in pixals is not where we limit images. We limit images on file size of 250KB in size. a very large image as respect to pixles can still be under the file size limit as long as its been properly optimized. The reverse is also true in that a small image in pixles can be large in file size if its not opitmized.

Ya, my camera takes pics that are about 1.5Megs....Does that sound right? At least when I send it in a file to an email addy....

I'll try it when I get home! Thanks again...

Its hard to say how the images are comming out of the camera. If they are .tiff they may be uncompressed and therefor large file sizes. They may be .bmp's and they are awful as far as file size as again there is no compression. If they are either of those filetypes simply saving them as .jpg will greatly reduce file size as jpg's use compression to lower file size while keeping most of the image clairty. To most users you will see no visual difference between the two. You can also mess with the jpg compression level and the more you compres the lower the file size but you get to a point where there is visual quality differences.

Back
Top Bottom