Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-09-2004, 01:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to glasstapper
how to stop uplink notifications

my email gets bombarded with these and i've tried resetting in my profile but they continue, any help much apprec

Old 10-09-2004, 10:42 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
At the bottom of every notification is a link to unsubscribe. There are a few things that could have happened.

First, you might have unknowingly subscribed to a forum. When you subscribe to a forum ALL NEW posts are e-mailed to you. To see if your subscribed reference what forum the messages are comming from. Visit that forum and on the page that has the topics listed scroll at the bottom and look for the words "Watch this forum" or "Stop watching this forum" If it says "Stop..." then your subscribed and click the link to stop getting notifications.

Second, you may at some point set your profile OR clicked on the watch this topic link. If you visit the home page OR the forum index where all the forums are listed you will see a link that says "View your watched posts". If you click this you will see a list of all the topics your watching for replys. If you visit each topic and click the "Stop watching this topic for replys" link then you will cese to get e-mails.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 10:48 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Since im feeling nice tonight I went ahead and removed all the topic watch flags in the database assocated with your userid.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Tks fishfreek, the prob was is that i always come here first, cause this is my home page, so i always see things before i go to email, redundent at best, but thanks again for your help and if ya have any auto questions feel free to holler at me
Old 10-10-2004, 11:02 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Another thing you can do is update your profile not to receive email notification by default

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:28 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've reset my profile several times but ,,,, was none today, thanks immensly for your help
Old 10-11-2004, 10:00 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

The profile setting will affect new posts but it wont affect posts that have already been flagged. There where quite a many posts that had your member ID marked as watching the forum but the nofitication flag was set not send a message. I only removed the ones that where flagged to send a message upon a new reply. If you should happen to visit on of those old topics that had gotten flagged before you changed your profile a new reply e-mail could still come thru but if you dont visit those old threads you wont get a notice.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com