how to stop uplink notifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glasstapper

Aquarium Advice Freak
my email gets bombarded with these and i've tried resetting in my profile but they continue, any help much apprec

At the bottom of every notification is a link to unsubscribe. There are a few things that could have happened.

First, you might have unknowingly subscribed to a forum. When you subscribe to a forum ALL NEW posts are e-mailed to you. To see if your subscribed reference what forum the messages are comming from. Visit that forum and on the page that has the topics listed scroll at the bottom and look for the words "Watch this forum" or "Stop watching this forum" If it says "Stop..." then your subscribed and click the link to stop getting notifications.

Second, you may at some point set your profile OR clicked on the watch this topic link. If you visit the home page OR the forum index where all the forums are listed you will see a link that says "View your watched posts". If you click this you will see a list of all the topics your watching for replys. If you visit each topic and click the "Stop watching this topic for replys" link then you will cese to get e-mails.

Since im feeling nice tonight I went ahead and removed all the topic watch flags in the database assocated with your userid.

Tks fishfreek, the prob was is that i always come here first, cause this is my home page, so i always see things before i go to email, redundent at best, but thanks again for your help and if ya have any auto questions feel free to holler at me :wink:

The profile setting will affect new posts but it wont affect posts that have already been flagged. There where quite a many posts that had your member ID marked as watching the forum but the nofitication flag was set not send a message. I only removed the ones that where flagged to send a message upon a new reply. If you should happen to visit on of those old topics that had gotten flagged before you changed your profile a new reply e-mail could still come thru but if you dont visit those old threads you wont get a notice.

Back
Top Bottom