How to use search feature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
All,

Can someone walk me thru on how to use the search feature on this site?

For example, if I want to search for "replacing bio balls", I tried to type "bio balls" in the top search block and then hit ENTER. What comes up doesn't seem to have titles that relate to bio balls.

Thx

Mike

Try to narrow your search as much as possible by utilizing all the fields:

ie: Replacing bio-balls is very broad and almost every topic in all forums may have it. If it is FW/SW related, choose the appropriate forum. General Discussion will yield better results than Getting Started.

HTH.

also if your searchgin alot of things like replacing bioballs break it into parts useing the AND/OR function. Such as

"Replacing AND bio balls"

It will give you alot more threads to look through.

If you just type in "Replacing Bio Balls" the seach function only gives you back threads that have the exact phrase "Replacing Bio balls". But if you use the AND function like above, it will give you back all threads containing Bio balls AND replacing, thus widening your search greatly.

You can also use the OR or NOT function to help your search narrow.

If that made no sense let me know lol. Im big in the automotive scene and most the online boards pretty much force you to use the search function. If not all the members will tear you apart (its very harsh unlike this board :angel: ) so i have learned to use it very well. Although I dont know the techical names for alot of things so it hard for me to search for somethings sometimes. Search function helped me alot when trying to find out how I wanted to setup a sump.

Back
Top Bottom