HTML code shows in posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floyd R Turbo

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting a headache reading through threads. The problem is that the HTML formatting code show up in the posts I'm viewing. I noticed on some threads, this isn't the case, the link shows up, but an entire thread i just read about undergravel filters had [abbreviation blah blah 'under gravel filters'] UGF [\abbreviation] type of stuff all the way through it. Oh my god I think I need Advil or maybe Vicodin my head is pounding. What's wrong? on my end? Using firefox, up to date. Not a PC newbie. Help

This is a copy of part of a post from the 'KILL YOUR UGF' thread.

UGF's work great in tanks 20 gallons & under , & with smaller fish . I wouldn't recommend a UGF for large messy fish such as plecos or cichlids , but they are perfectly fine for tetras , smaller barbs , & cories .

I am currently in the preview mode and I can see all the HTML [] tags and no hyperlinks. what do you see

I believe that thread is from when the old forum software exsisted. There was a forum upgrade in 2008, all current threads after the change do not have the coding in them. The previous software enabled the use of acryonms. The new software does not have that feature.

Back
Top Bottom