Hurricane Sandy Dontaions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrc8858

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi mods me again lol I was just wondering if you may consider opening up some type of hurricane victim donation for our fellow AA members that were truely effected by this freak storm such as one of our favorite members jerseygirl. I don't know how difficult setting this up actually is and I know it won't rake in a ton of money even if opened but I feel terrible about our fellow hobbyists that must now deal with the aftermath of this storm. We always talk about how this is more like a family then anything else and I think now is the time we can really prove this to be true. If this isn't an option then I still wanna wish the best of luck to anyone that may have lost their home or any loved ones in this storm : (

Edit* ps if you wanna move the "t" in donations in the title I wouldn't mind lol

Mrc8858 said:
Hi mods me again lol I was just wondering if you may consider opening up some type of hurricane victim donation for our fellow AA members that were truely effected by this freak storm such as one of our favorite members jerseygirl. I don't know how difficult setting this up actually is and I know it won't rake in a ton of money even if opened but I feel terrible about our fellow hobbyists that must now deal with the aftermath of this storm. We always talk about how this is more like a family then anything else and I think now is the time we can really prove this to be true. If this isn't an option then I still wanna wish the best of luck to anyone that may have lost their home or any loved ones in this storm : (

Edit* ps if you wanna move the "t" in donations in the title I wouldn't mind lol

I think this is a great idea!!

Haven't heard anything from Dino lately either... Sure hope him & his family are ok....

AndrewsPistol said:
I think this is a great idea!!

Haven't heard anything from Dino lately either... Sure hope him & his family are ok....

I was just thinking about that earlier : / almost wish I had his cell so I could text him to ease my mind lol

Mrc8858 said:
I was just thinking about that earlier : / almost wish I had his cell so I could text him to ease my mind lol

Ive messaged him on here with no response... i'lll shoot him a text real quick.

Great idea matt!!

Remember guys..Dino's a firefighter chief. His plate is pretty full right now, i doubt he'll be on here for a bit! But i really do hope the big man and his family are doing well. When it comes right down to it, who cares about dang fish! Just stay safe people!!

Gboy66 said:
Great idea matt!!

Remember guys..Dino's a firefighter chief. His plate is pretty full right now, i doubt he'll be on here for a bit! But i really do hope the big man and his family are doing well. When it comes right down to it, who cares about dang fish! Just stay safe people!!

I agree with ya Grant. Where I live (MI) the power has been out throughout the whole state. After two days it finally came on. Can't imagine how people on the east are feeling right now.

Great idea matt!!

Speaking of fire chief's, I have a fire chief for a neighboring town who lives just down the block and he was constantly going back and forth Monday Night. Checking on his family, then responding (I assume) to the multitude of fires that were popping up all over the area. I can only Imagine what Convict's going through.

I can't remember if he's a chief for NYC or out on Long-Island / Westchester county. Either way there' was more than enough going on to keep him busy.

I understand what they are going through I went through it twice, once with Katrina and again with Rita. He will be very busy for a while. If anyone hears from them and needs help just post what they need and I'm sure we can find a way to get it for them.

jcolon said:
I can't remember if he's a chief for NYC or out on Long-Island / Westchester county. Either way there' was more than enough going on to keep him busy.

Harrison fire chief :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom