Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
Hi mods me again lol I was just wondering if you may consider opening up some type of hurricane victim donation for our fellow AA members that were truely effected by this freak storm such as one of our favorite members jerseygirl. I don't know how difficult setting this up actually is and I know it won't rake in a ton of money even if opened but I feel terrible about our fellow hobbyists that must now deal with the aftermath of this storm. We always talk about how this is more like a family then anything else and I think now is the time we can really prove this to be true. If this isn't an option then I still wanna wish the best of luck to anyone that may have lost their home or any loved ones in this storm : (


Edit* ps if you wanna move the "t" in donations in the title I wouldn't mind lol
__________________

__________________
Mrc8858 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858
Hi mods me again lol I was just wondering if you may consider opening up some type of hurricane victim donation for our fellow AA members that were truely effected by this freak storm such as one of our favorite members jerseygirl. I don't know how difficult setting this up actually is and I know it won't rake in a ton of money even if opened but I feel terrible about our fellow hobbyists that must now deal with the aftermath of this storm. We always talk about how this is more like a family then anything else and I think now is the time we can really prove this to be true. If this isn't an option then I still wanna wish the best of luck to anyone that may have lost their home or any loved ones in this storm : (

Edit* ps if you wanna move the "t" in donations in the title I wouldn't mind lol
I think this is a great idea!!

Haven't heard anything from Dino lately either... Sure hope him & his family are ok....
__________________

__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 01:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

I think this is a great idea!!

Haven't heard anything from Dino lately either... Sure hope him & his family are ok....
I was just thinking about that earlier : / almost wish I had his cell so I could text him to ease my mind lol
__________________
Mrc8858 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 01:14 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

I was just thinking about that earlier : / almost wish I had his cell so I could text him to ease my mind lol
Ive messaged him on here with no response... i'lll shoot him a text real quick.
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Great idea matt!!


Remember guys..Dino's a firefighter chief. His plate is pretty full right now, i doubt he'll be on here for a bit! But i really do hope the big man and his family are doing well. When it comes right down to it, who cares about dang fish! Just stay safe people!!
__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Jake337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66
Great idea matt!!

Remember guys..Dino's a firefighter chief. His plate is pretty full right now, i doubt he'll be on here for a bit! But i really do hope the big man and his family are doing well. When it comes right down to it, who cares about dang fish! Just stay safe people!!
I agree with ya Grant. Where I live (MI) the power has been out throughout the whole state. After two days it finally came on. Can't imagine how people on the east are feeling right now.
__________________
Jake337 is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
jcolon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 3,470
Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
Great idea matt!!


Remember guys..Dino's a firefighter chief. His plate is pretty full right now, i doubt he'll be on here for a bit! But i really do hope the big man and his family are doing well. When it comes right down to it, who cares about dang fish! Just stay safe people!!
Speaking of fire chief's, I have a fire chief for a neighboring town who lives just down the block and he was constantly going back and forth Monday Night. Checking on his family, then responding (I assume) to the multitude of fires that were popping up all over the area. I can only Imagine what Convict's going through.

I can't remember if he's a chief for NYC or out on Long-Island / Westchester county. Either way there' was more than enough going on to keep him busy.
__________________
75g Planted Barbs Denison, BlackRuby, Tiger, Albino Tiger, Green Tiger, Cherry, Gold, Checkered, Odessa.
NonBarbs Cardinal, Neon, RummyNose, Bloodfin Tetras, Z. Danios. 1RTS. Amano, Bamboo, Ghost & RCS. 20g Long Shrimp Tank RCS, Tiger, Amano.
jcolon is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Annakhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lake Charles, La
Posts: 391
I understand what they are going through I went through it twice, once with Katrina and again with Rita. He will be very busy for a while. If anyone hears from them and needs help just post what they need and I'm sure we can find a way to get it for them.
__________________
“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.”
- Henry David Thoreau
Annakhil is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Jess1ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolon

I can't remember if he's a chief for NYC or out on Long-Island / Westchester county. Either way there' was more than enough going on to keep him busy.
Harrison fire chief
__________________
Knowledge is power
Jess1ca is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
severum mama's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: GA
Posts: 10,297
I think it's great that you guys want to help out the folks affected by Sandy. However, AA is not going to be involved in setting anything up, although you are welcome to use the PM system if you wish.

In the meantime, here are a few links that you can check out if you want to donate to Sandy relief efforts.
American Red Cross
The Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services
Hurricane Sandy Archives « « Page 1 of 2 Direct Relief Direct Relief
__________________

severum mama is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
sand

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.