I love 99% of this android app. (to admin)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
First of all I would like to say thank you to whoever created this site and to all the admin and users who have helped me. This is the first forum I've joined ever. My local fish stores two "cichlid experts" only give half truth and if it wasn't for this site I would have 40 random African cichlids in my 55g ranging from demasonis to 7 striped frontosas :nono:nono: and 14 random africans in my 20 as I have only been into this hobby for a year now. Luckily only a couple months into it I found this site and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. The only thing missing so far is there is no thank you button and I can not give thank you points on the app and I really like to give thanks when I'm helped out. Also links in posts takes me to the full site where I have to re log in on my phones browser which out here in the boonies is pretty slow without wi-fi such I have at home but can't take with me lol. It wouldn't b an issue but my laptop broke so I have to use my phone for everything now. I'm sure its not just my phone as it does the same thing on my wife's phone mines an HTC and hers is a samsung. I just thought id mention it to yall I think it would be an awesome fix for the android app. I'm not criticizing or complaining. This app like the title says is 99% AWESOME I just thought it might be a nice feature to a possible future update. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Mike

I would have to agree with you on this being such a great place. Unfortunately there is nothing the mod team can do about the thanks button and it's kinda a sore subject with them :hide: anyways you can still give thanks from your phone on the main browser. I do it all the time ;)

Oh ... well in that case sorry for adding salt so to speak. Looks like ill have to dig out the VGA cable for my laptop then. Who needs a new 19" laptop screen when u have a 40" HDTV and a VGA cable lol. Well thanks for the responce man.

Lol thanks Andrew. We try not to get sore about it but I guess it shines through.

And thanks op for the compliments. He is right though - as far as functionality in the app, our app is built by forum runner to work with vbulletin software which is what 90% of forums out there are using as their platform. The thanks button at AA is not a standard forum button so the likelihood of it being added is unfortunately pretty low.

Lol thanks Andrew. We try not to get sore about it but I guess it shines through.

And thanks op for the compliments. He is right though - as far as functionality in the app, our app is built by forum runner to work with vbulletin software which is what 90% of forums out there are using as their platform. The thanks button at AA is not a standard forum button so the likelihood of it being added is unfortunately pretty low.

Oooooooo I see said the blind man lol I guess I would have known that if AA and divebuddy.com weren't the only 2 forums I've ever used thanks for the info.

I had a similar request last year. Since then, I realized I give more thorough replies via computer. When I did type too much on my android, then I noticed many of my comments had spelling errors, and incomplete replies (which people have gotten on my case).

Agreed. This is the best aquarium forum app.

I had a similar request last year. Since then, I realized I give more thorough replies via computer. When I did type too much on my android, then I noticed many of my comments had spelling errors, and incomplete replies (which people have gotten on my case).

Agreed. This is the best aquarium forum app.

Yes I have noticed that also with the app. But no one has gotten on my case about it yet. I have looked back to some ofmy older threads and posts and finally realized why I wasn't getting many answers some of my posts and even a subject or two I was like what the ??? Was I trying to say. LoL

First of all I would like to say thank you to whoever created this site and to all the admin and users who have helped me. This is the first forum I've joined ever. My local fish stores two "cichlid experts" only give half truth and if it wasn't for this site I would have 40 random African cichlids in my 55g ranging from demasonis to 7 striped frontosas :nono:nono: and 14 random africans in my 20 as I have only been into this hobby for a year now. Luckily only a couple months into it I found this site and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. The only thing missing so far is there is no thank you button and I can not give thank you points on the app and I really like to give thanks when I'm helped out. Also links in posts takes me to the full site where I have to re log in on my phones browser which out here in the boonies is pretty slow without wi-fi such I have at home but can't take with me lol. It wouldn't b an issue but my laptop broke so I have to use my phone for everything now. I'm sure its not just my phone as it does the same thing on my wife's phone mines an HTC and hers is a samsung. I just thought id mention it to yall I think it would be an awesome fix for the android app. I'm not criticizing or complaining. This app like the title says is 99% AWESOME I just thought it might be a nice feature to a possible future update. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Mike

I so agree! I LOVE this app and it has informed me on so much (I didn't even know there WAS a website whoops!). I was looking for aquarium log apps (like where I can type in parameters ect ect) and stumbled on this. LOVE the app. Love the people.

I so agree! I LOVE this app and it has informed me on so much (I didn't even know there WAS a website whoops!). I was looking for aquarium log apps (like where I can type in parameters ect ect) and stumbled on this. LOVE the app. Love the people.

(y)

Back
Top Bottom