If you use an AOL e-mail address READ THIS!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
This morning I discovered that apparently AOL things we are spamming that our server has generated an excess amount of complaints from their subscriber base as sending out SPAM. Well I HATE spam and if it was leagal I would enjoy very much killing all that do spam.

For this reason I ask that all those of you who have an AOL e-mail address in your profile to please edit your profile and set your message notifications to NO. This will save me from getting hundreds of e-mails per day from AOL about how this server is blocked from sending mail to AOL subscribers.

We will be working on trying to get AOL to lift this block but until then if you have an AOL e-mail dont expect to get any e-mails from us. This also means new members who join with an AOL e-mail will NOT be able to activate their account since the site is set to have you click on a link you recive via e-mail.

Sorry I have no idea why this happened and I am not overly joyful about it.

Don't feel bad, AOL is bad about whipping anyone else that they accuse of spamming, and do not do anything about their own spamming. I been to battle against AOL many times for their false accusations, and have been successful at getting them to remove the bans.

There has been an onslaught of false headers being sent out as spam origins lately. One thing the culprits don't understand is, it is almost impossible to mask the ip of the actual mail server it comes from or starts at. If you can prove that it does not originate from your server, and it only bears the name of the site, they have to lift the ban and go after the real persons involved.

One thing is, whether it is spam or not, AOL works on the precept that if someone complains, it is spam, regardless of whether or not they signed up for it. It sucks...

I hate spam to. however, if you want to fight them, you will need them to provide hard evidence, because, it is illegal for them to block you, without due notice and hard evidence..there are laws against this.

Yes im fully aware. My post was simply an informational post making those who use AOL aware of the problem.

Our host is working on correcting this issue now. I have no time frame since im not the one who is in direct contact with AOL.

We are currently experencing problems with members who have an AOL address not getting e-mails. Until this issue is resolved please use an e-mail other than your AOL e-mail account when signing up.

Directly under the e-mail field is the above text. I hope this helps new members signing up until we get this issue resolved.

This issue appears to have been resolved. AOL is once again accepting e-mail from us.

Back
Top Bottom