In Memorium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
I am sorry to announce that 54seaweed (John) is no longer with us. He peacefully passed away Sunday, September 2. I am his daughter, Ashley. My stepmother and I are very heartbroken and would like his memory to be looked upon with love and laughter. He was very much a funny and kind soul who brought so much joy to those who knew him. As many of you know, he has battled with cancer for many years and it took a heavy toll on him, both physically and mentally. It was never an easy battle and he fought it like a true warrior until the very end.
We would like to keep his account here up but are not going to be posting/moderating, but we will occasionally check for any messages and reply if we can.

We thank you all for your love and support for a beloved father and husband.

If you would like to contact us privately, you may contact me (Ashley, his daughter) at ghostlover.jb80.aa@gmail.com or you may contact my stepmother, Marybeth, at maabell1961@hotmail.com
Please put in the subject line "Fish Forum Friend" so that we will know to read it and not junk/delete it.

Thank you. :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Omg !!!! I’m sooo sorry , I always thought he was one of the “ go to guy” on the forum ,...I always loved his posts and his love and joy that he gave to the hobby ,... thank you John for all you’ve done for the forum but myself personally . Rip my friend !!!!

Ashley -
So sorry to hear about this. He gave so much and I enjoyed our lively conversations. Until I met John, I never knew anyone that could attract bears doing water changes. He will be sorely missed. Sending thoughts and condolences to you and your family.
David / Fresh2o

So kind and patient with all of my questions. He will be missed. I’m sure he is pulling together an awesome tank up there in heaven! And the nitrates are perfect.

So sorry to hear of this - I’m sure he is working on his new tank setup now. My thoughts go out to the family - John was always there for a chat about anything and a great friend.

I too recently dealt with my mother passing away from cancer at a fairly young age. I'm sorry for your loss. I'll say a prayer for him and the family.

Rip, brother. You were a credit to the hobby and an inspiration to all. You will be surely missed.

I am sorry to hear this .
Thanks for letting us know and sharing him with us through all the tough times .
He is missed already.

Hi Ashley,

John IS already missed. It hasn't quite been the same around here since he was having to focus all his energy on the health issues that took him too soon.

He had a gruff but caring way about him and was so sweet to help all around the forum especially with the pet projects, which were dear to him in the way it encouraged everyone. The tank of the month and the full tank shots thread he nurtured along.

Things like this make it very clear, it will never be the same.

Please accept my deepest and most sincere condolences and to your stepmom Mary Beth.

He was an action person full of doing things, and he will be missed, but in our hearts. He was like a brother here, and a very dear friend to me. He offered me caring and helpful words when my mom was looking at her last days, from cancer.

What a hard thing to have to experience for your family.

Thank you so very much for letting us know.

Yes, he will be finding out everything there is to know about all the sea and water creatures - all the secrets now.

God Bless you and your family in this difficult transition time.

If you have any issues with tanks please let us know if we can help at all.

Last edited:
I am deeply saddened to hear about John's passing. He was a great friend to many on the forum and had been one of the major contributors for as long as I can remember. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Rest in peace Seaweed :flowers:

So sorry to hear this news. He was a great member and always had some quick advice for a reefer in need.

I too considered him to be one of great knowledge on the site here. He will be very missed and hard to replace. I was very fortunate to have known him.

Hello Marybeth and Ashley,

Wishing you a Christmastime this year with comfort of good memories, and peace.

Also praying for you both a bright 2019, with love, caring and new experiences and memories too.

Remembering John this holiday, and missing him too.

Back
Top Bottom