iPhone app issues!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The thing about backing up, then restoring from that backup is that you're putting the same image on your device that you have with the problem. It won't solve anything. You need to sync your stuff over that will sync (SMS/MMS will not, address book, mail, pictures, all that fun stuff will), restore and set up as a NEW device, then sync your stuff back over.

Here are the Apple documents to show you how to-

Sync info - iOS: Syncing with iTunes
Restore - iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring iOS software

senemedar said:
I'm pretty sure that if you do a full backup in iTunes it'll save everything, including your messages. I've done a reinstall and upgrade a several times and never lost a single message. You just need to remember to make a backup before updating/resetting to factory settings, and then do a restore from iTunes when it ask you to (after reinstall/upgrade). If you still be missing a pictures or messages just synchronise it again AFTER everything (at the very end).

So this works even with a complete reset of the phone to factory settings?

mfdrookie516 said:
The thing about backing up, then restoring from that backup is that you're putting the same image on your device that you have with the problem. It won't solve anything. You need to sync your stuff over that will sync (SMS/MMS will not, address book, mail, pictures, all that fun stuff will), restore and set up as a NEW device, then sync your stuff back over.

Here are the Apple documents to show you how to-

Sync info - iOS: Syncing with iTunes
Restore - iTunes: Backing up, updating, and restoring iOS software

Thank you! The SMS /MMS I can live without. :)

Mumma.of.two said:
So this works even with a complete reset of the phone to factory settings?

As long as you synchronised it before, it should.

Back
Top Bottom