Is it a Glitch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AliSab

Aquarium Advice Activist
I posted it to the sticky but thought I'd make a thread too. Just a quick copy and paste...

I accidentally tapped the checkmark at the top of one of the sub forums and now I can't seem to unfollow it. I go and tap it so the check is no longer filled in and for about five minutes I stop getting notifications, but then later I'll go to check it and I'll find that, once again, I'm following a forum that I never meant to follow in the first place. How the heck am I supposed to unfollow it? I don't want to get constant notifications all the time for that particular forum, but I just can't seem to get rid of it. Is it a mobile bug? I tried blocking the forum all together on my laptop and that did nothing.
I've logged out, logged back in, deleted, rebooted, you name it and nothing is working. Please help or advise.

The check/uncheck is supposed to do what you've stated in the mobile app. I tested it by subscribing to a thread and checking it in User CP under List subscriptions: it was listed. I then went to the thread, removed the check (no white color around the check mark) and checked subscriptions and it was no longer there.
I got to User CP on the mobile app by clicking the ellipsis (3 dots in the upper right corner) and selecting WebView. When the non-mobile site loads, click on User CP. It will display the menu items normally found while using the full browser.
Hope this helps.

This may make me sound ignorant but what is User CP? I'm new to the app, and have only logged in on the non-mobile site once or twice, to try and unsubscribe from the the forum.

It's not an individual thread, it's an entire freshwater sub-forum, that's what is so annoying. So I get notifications whenever someone posts to it or makes a new thread, and just can't seem to make it stop.

Tried attaching pictures but apparently I can't upload screenshots...

So I had a look around, and the closest I can get to what you've described is going to 'subscribed' in the horizontal scrolling menu, but everything there is an individual thread that I've made.
Please someone, how the heck am I supposed to do this? Why is this function so non-user friendly?

Sorry, and no option to get to web view but maybe I'm not looking in the right place? The pictures would have shown it clearly what comes up when I tap the three dots, an option to share or mark as read. That's it.

I tried this to on the AA mobile app as well and had no issues subscribing / unsubscribing as well so a bit stuck so far. You could try deleting the app from the mobile and re-installing, sometimes this will work.

On the laptop, I assume you will be in the webview so when logged in, you should see "User CP" in the top left. There is a horizontal selection bar with "User CP", "Vendors", "Chat", "FAQ", etc, etc (from left to right).

Click on User CP which goes to Control Board. On the left side of screen there are options to edit profile, settings, etc.

In the centre it should also show any new subscribed threads and below that, subscribed forums. In this area there should a "unsubscribe from this forum".

Sorry, and no option to get to web view but maybe I'm not looking in the right place? The pictures would have shown it clearly what comes up when I tap the three dots, an option to share or mark as read. That's it.

Which device are you using? iOS or Android?

I tried this to on the AA mobile app as well and had no issues subscribing / unsubscribing as well so a bit stuck so far. You could try deleting the app from the mobile and re-installing, sometimes this will work.

On the laptop, I assume you will be in the webview so when logged in, you should see "User CP" in the top left. There is a horizontal selection bar with "User CP", "Vendors", "Chat", "FAQ", etc, etc (from left to right).

Click on User CP which goes to Control Board. On the left side of screen there are options to edit profile, settings, etc.

In the centre it should also show any new subscribed threads and below that, subscribed forums. In this area there should a "unsubscribe from this forum".

There's only an option for subscribed threads. On web view it's not showing that I'm subscribed to to the forum. I just tried subscribing to it and then unsubscribing from it in the web view. Going to check now if it is still there in mobile.

Update: still subscribed in mobile :[
I think it a mobile problem

:( on iOS as well.

see what fresh thinks. Under app settings - push notifications you could turn off that.

Else all I can think of is app re-install.

I'll try the reinstall again and see. I wonder if this happened to anyone else and what they did to resolve it.

Here is what I see when using the mobile app (iOS) to access Web View and User CP (Control Panel):
1l2o5oJ.jpg
1KPHWpu.jpg
9smmrZd.jpg
woCKshb.jpg

The last two red arrows point to "List Subscriptions" where all subscriptions can be managed and "Unsubscribe" for an individual thread.

I don't get the web view option. I only get an option to share or mark as read. In a thread, I get all those options, but for the forum I don't.

I understand what you're explaining, but the option for a web view in the forum itself is not there. Only in individual threads.

Also, how did you attach those pictures? I've been trying to attach pictures to try and better explain but there's an error that comes up only with screenshots.

Hi there. Subscribing to threads with the iOS app is simple. There is a check mark up in the right hand corner of the screen. If the circle is white, then you are subscribed. Simply click on that circle and it should turn blue. If the circle is blue, then you are unsubscribed.
As for attaching pictures, while you are writing your reply, there is a circled '+' sign. Click on this circle and it will bring up the 'advanced options'. It will give you options to click to open your camera, pictures, attachments...so on.

Hi there. Subscribing to threads with the iOS app is simple. There is a check mark up in the right hand corner of the screen. If the circle is white, then you are subscribed. Simply click on that circle and it should turn blue. If the circle is blue, then you are unsubscribed.
As for attaching pictures, while you are writing your reply, there is a circled '+' sign. Click on this circle and it will bring up the 'advanced options'. It will give you options to click to open your camera, pictures, attachments...so on.

I understand all of this. My problem is UNsubscribing from a FORUM, not a thread. If I go to unsubscribe, two seconds later I'm subscribed again. That is the problem.

As for pictures, the error comes up after trying to attach a picture. I thought it was because it was a screenshot but then another user was able to do it with no problems.

I just went to Forums, selected one (Community), clicked on a subforum (Aquaria Off Topic) and clicked on the check box. Backed out and saw that I there was a blue check box to the left of Aquaria Off Topic. I am now subscribed to that forum.
Went in and reversed the process. I looked at Aquaria Off Topic and it showed that, for a moment, I was not subscribed to that forum. Then the blue check mark appeared to the left of it. I went back into that forum (did not do anything) and got back out. The screen refreshed showing that I was not subscribed. A bit confusing there.

I understand all of this. My problem is UNsubscribing from a FORUM, not a thread. If I go to unsubscribe, two seconds later I'm subscribed again. That is the problem.

As for pictures, the error comes up after trying to attach a picture. I thought it was because it was a screenshot but then another user was able to do it with no problems.

The same still applies for subscribing and unsubscribing to an entire sun-forum.

When it comes to the pictures, what is the error it is saying? I posted pictures from my app to one of my threads just today so it is not an error on the server side of things. Without more detail I'm not sure which way to direct you for help.

Back
Top Bottom