Is there a way to permanantly unsubscribe from selected threads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
:fadein::jump:I would like to unsubscribe from certain threads but every time I repost it re-subscribes me and I continue to get emails. I have to manually unsebscribe every time I post. I am talking about the Word Assoc. 2 thread but I wouldn't mind being able to choose which ones to never get emails from. Thanks for your time :) This is a great site and I have all the people who manage it and maintain it to thank for that!

Yeah. I have to do it every single time I post though. I post then I have to refresh my page and click unsubscribe AGAIN lol. I have gone into the User CP and unsubscribed from it too and it just keeps coming back. IT'S HAUNTING ME! Lol :vamp:

I just thought of something, I use quick reply for the most part. Maybe if I hit post reply it will stop doing it? IDK it's something new to try

I don't think there is. I just shut off all email notifications except for PM notifications and stuff from Mods/Admins. No point in getting emails for thread subscriptions IMO, User CP does the same thing.

I think when you post there is an option to not be subscribed to the thread, but that might be in advanced options.

AHA! I think I fingered it out. Go to where the drop down thingy is, click "edit options." Down a little there is a drop box that asks what you want. :)

dkpate is correct, just checked it. Never noticed that before. I always use quick reply for the most part. Nice job dkpate.

My question is whether or not that applies every single time you post in that thread after you select it, or if you have to reselect it each time?

The only problem is I want certain threads to email to me, and just not others. See I have really no life so when I am sitting here bored on the computer it is nice to hear the "'ding' so and so replied to this thread" lol.

you can choose not to automatically subscribe, then just subscribe to the ones you want... or you can keep getting emails from word association. and for some reason, I get an email after every reply to word association, even if I haven't checked the website since i got the first one... does the same thing on a gun forum i'm on just for that particular thread... all the others just send one until i read that thread.

Well I figured it out. In the quick links section you can unsubscrib e permanently, at least i hope lol. it is annoying to get them from WA2 because my inbox will be full of them! thanks guys/gals :)

As dpate stated "AHA! I think I fingered it out." LOL...That works, but with a little less stress I just hit the delete button on the ones I don't want to reply to.

Back
Top Bottom