Kudos problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clownin around

Aquarium Advice Activist
I tried to give kudos to a new member of the GA forum and got this message. Did I do it wrong?
Could not insert data into transaction table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'around', 'davoz', '5')' at line 2

INSERT INTO advice_transactions (trans_date, trans_from, trans_to, trans_amount) VALUES ( 1066755569, 'clownin'around', 'davoz', '5')

Line : 194
File : /home/aquarium/public_html/pointscp.php

Please try again and let us know what you come up with, I just donated 5 kudos to you and did not have a problem.

if you still cant donate then it could very well be one of two things. First you have a ' in your name and if the script is not setup properly it may not like the ' in your name. While we can donate to you the script migh thave a bug that does not accomodate for the person donating to have an ' in their name.

The second thign could be your browser. If your using a browser other than IE what browser and version. It could be your browser is not passing the correct information back to the server to insert the proper amounts into the database.

I still can not I tried with explorer and Opera 7.2 . Must be the ' in my name can I change names without losing everything? If there is a way I would like to do that so I can give out Kudos to people in the GA forum and to helpful people! Thanks for the help on this!

I can drop the ' and make it "clownin around"

Send me a PM if this is ok and ill make the change tonight. I need to know your aware of this cause when i use it you will have to login with that username.

Have you ever been able to give kudos?

Back
Top Bottom