Lounge posts and post count

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do posts in the lounge count as posts towards your post count? I haven't ever paid attention to it. Other forums I am on exclude a post recording in the post count when made in a "General" forum. I think this is a good idea. It encourages people to enjoy the lounge, but not use it as some quick way to accumulate posts to appear more knowledgeable to new members. I think that by doing so, it will place more emphasis on those with a true, high post count and will allow those members to stand out based on rep and post count combined. I don't want to come off as snooty; that isn't my intention! It's just a suggestion :-D

I apologize if this has been discussed before.

That's reassuring! How can we also find out how many rep points someone has, other than the amount of squares?

you can't see how many I have, and vice versa... but to see your own, its under user cp then scroll all the way to the bottom and it shows who's given it to you, the comments if there were any, and the total points... but I'm pretty sure you already knew that

Last edited:
squares it is... I don't believe there is a way to see the point value that others have accrued. There is probably some formula like each square represents X number of points, but I have never bothered to figure it out.

squares it is... I don't believe there is a way to see the point value that others have accrued. There is probably some formula like each square represents X number of points, but I have never bothered to figure it out.

Yeah I'd figure that is the case, but I know that it takes a while to earn a square even after multiple reps. I got my green gem after almost 5 years, I'm content :p

I don't think the scale is linear either. I think each square gets a little harder to earn. (or maybe my advice has just gotten poorer with time, not sure)

No, it does get harder to earn I think. It took me like 4-5 reps I think to get from the 5th to 6th square, as opposed to only 2 at one point. I THINK, I think. Your advice getting poorer? Never!

Its not the number of times.. It's based on the persons rep who gives it to you. The more rep the person has who gives it to you, the more you get. But... the intervals do get bigger between squares, and the little sayings when you hover over them don't always change when you get a new square

Its not the number of times.. It's based on the persons rep who gives it to you. The more rep the person has who gives it to you, the more you get. But... the intervals do get bigger between squares, and the little sayings when you hover over them don't always change when you get a new square

That's really cool! I had no idea.

Welcome to AA!

Ooops.... wrong forum for that post count. ;) I agree with Jonathan.... count means nothing.

I thought the meter was a BS detector. Now I have no idea. lol

Welcome to AA!

Ooops.... wrong forum for that post count. ;) I agree with Jonathan.... count means nothing.

I thought the meter was a BS detector. Now I have no idea. lol

Haha :-D.

Well, I stand corrected then! Rep around here has more credibility than the big numbers. Glad to hear it!

HN1 said:

thx id give you servum rook etc rep youve all helped me a ton but theres no option for that on the mobile version yet and how come rook n fort have their own custom saying thiings

You have 2! Doesn't mean you give bad advice at all. It took me a very long time to get more than 1 square. Just keep giving good advice, eventually they'll start building up ;)

Not only that, a lot of people don't have any clue about the rep thing. I didn't know until my return after being absent from this site since 2008. Now, I make sure to throw rep someone's way when they truly go above and beyond in a post.

mfdrookie516 said:
You have 2! Doesn't mean you give bad advice at all. It took me a very long time to get more than 1 square. Just keep giving good advice, eventually they'll start building up ;)

sweet 2! lol im on the app iit dosnt show rep or let me give last i checked i had a square lol

They do because they're community mentors, I believe moderators and mentors get their little custom title, but once you're a big guy AA Team Emeritus like HN1 you get that sole title.

I hope one day I get to be a mentor.. :rolleyes:

Then I'd have to think of an awesome title like rook and fort have! (Or just change it every week like Zer0 does)

They do because they're community mentors, I believe moderators and mentors get their little custom title, but once you're a big guy AA Team Emeritus like HN1 you get that sole title.

I hope one day I get to be a mentor.. :rolleyes:

Then I'd have to think of an awesome title like rook and fort have! (Or just change it every week like Zer0 does)

You'll get there one day. How exactly does that happen, does a mod just message you and tell you you've been nominated or something?

Back
Top Bottom