Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lounge posts and post count

Do posts in the lounge count as posts towards your post count? I haven't ever paid attention to it. Other forums I am on exclude a post recording in the post count when made in a "General" forum. I think this is a good idea. It encourages people to enjoy the lounge, but not use it as some quick way to accumulate posts to appear more knowledgeable to new members. I think that by doing so, it will place more emphasis on those with a true, high post count and will allow those members to stand out based on rep and post count combined. I don't want to come off as snooty; that isn't my intention! It's just a suggestion

I apologize if this has been discussed before.

Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I know they count... but post count means absolutely nothing on here. Rep points do, if people use them correctly rather than 'I'll give you rep if you give me rep'...

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's reassuring! How can we also find out how many rep points someone has, other than the amount of squares?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

you can't see how many I have, and vice versa... but to see your own, its under user cp then scroll all the way to the bottom and it shows who's given it to you, the comments if there were any, and the total points... but I'm pretty sure you already knew that

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 04-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #5
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

squares it is... I don't believe there is a way to see the point value that others have accrued. There is probably some formula like each square represents X number of points, but I have never bothered to figure it out.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384 View Post
squares it is... I don't believe there is a way to see the point value that others have accrued. There is probably some formula like each square represents X number of points, but I have never bothered to figure it out.
Yeah I'd figure that is the case, but I know that it takes a while to earn a square even after multiple reps. I got my green gem after almost 5 years, I'm content
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 PM   #7
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I don't think the scale is linear either. I think each square gets a little harder to earn. (or maybe my advice has just gotten poorer with time, not sure)
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

No, it does get harder to earn I think. It took me like 4-5 reps I think to get from the 5th to 6th square, as opposed to only 2 at one point. I THINK, I think. Your advice getting poorer? Never!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Its not the number of times.. It's based on the persons rep who gives it to you. The more rep the person has who gives it to you, the more you get. But... the intervals do get bigger between squares, and the little sayings when you hover over them don't always change when you get a new square

Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
Its not the number of times.. It's based on the persons rep who gives it to you. The more rep the person has who gives it to you, the more you get. But... the intervals do get bigger between squares, and the little sayings when you hover over them don't always change when you get a new square
That's really cool! I had no idea.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com