make that two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How do you report a profile?

Both of the profiles listed have no posts and I thought only posts could be reported?

How can a average user tell it's a bot or spammer when no posts have been made? (I know admins can tell)

Lastly how does linking the profile help the spammer?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but I really don't know.

tecwzrd said:
How do you report a profile?

Both of the profiles listed have no posts and I thought only posts could be reported?

How can a average user tell it's a bot or spammer when no posts have been made? (I know admins can tell)

Lastly how does linking the profile help the spammer?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but I really don't know.
You can not report a profile only report a post.

You as a general member will likly not know an account is a spammer till they post but we as admins have must more visability to the user and can easily determin most spammers with out having to wait for them to make a post. Trust me when I say daily its not uncommon for me to remove at least a half dozen from this site before a single spam post is made.

Linking the profile can help as there is a link to ALL their posts. Search bots like google can not search a users profile and therefor can not see the link to all posts but it does end up giving them more potental visability to the user base. Spammers need attention. If they get non they are worthless.

By using the report button and not calling them out in any other way its like a silent alarm and allows us with power to take action again silently and discretly hopfully keeping the inapproprate posts away from the eyes of most of our members.

Thanks for the reply :)

Is the reason both profiles show 0 posts because any posts they have made have been already deleted and/or moved?

If posts are put into the spam forum are they not counted anymore as post in the profile? Can search bots see the posts in the spam forum?

Thanks again for the clarification.

Back
Top Bottom