Manage Attachments, full capacity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
Just wondering what happens when we fill our 10mb storage limit. I just posted a picture, and saw that im just about full. Will the old pictures be deleted or will i be unable to add new ones? How could i go back and delete some of the ones that i dont care about?

I don't know for sure if old pics will be deleted when you try to add new ones. You will most likely get an error message that says your attachment limit is full.

To delete old pictures, and also view how much space your current attachments are using, go to your User CP (look in the blue navigational bar at the top of the screen). In the left column, find the Miscellaneous block (all the way down at the bottom of the column) and click on Attachments.

You'll see a list of all your attachments, the thread they belong to, and the date you added them. To remove an attachment, click on the check box to the right, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on Delete Selected.

The thread links are clickable, or you can also click on Show Thumbnails (at the bottom of the page ) to help you decide which pictures to delete.

Or just use a third-party photo storage site (photobucket, flickr, etc). That way you can easily manage your own photos and threads don't need to be orphaned of their pictures just because you're trying to free up space.

No offense, but I stopped using the photo gallery on the site long ago because of the hassle involved. Photobucket is just soooo easy to use with forums.

Back
Top Bottom