Meeting quota?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlsardina

Aquarium Advice Addict
Use the iPhone app and it's not allowing me to post pics. It is saying I have met my quota. I can't even upload pics using a link. Please help

I have tried deleting the app and re-installing it. And even restarting my phone. Please? Anyone?

My phone does the same crap! iPhone user here also. Tried the same as you and nothing. It seems to just go away an then come back whenever. Also do you have any problems when posting? Sometimes when I post it goes all white or I upload a pic and it's white! App needs a MAJOR overhaul IMO!!

Convict2161 said:
My phone does the same crap! iPhone user here also. Tried the same as you and nothing. It seems to just go away an then come back whenever. Also do you have any problems when posting? Sometimes when I post it goes all white or I upload a pic and it's white! App needs a MAJOR overhaul IMO!!

It's insane. For three months I have no problem. I posted pics earlier today and now- I've met my quota.

pw.QHGXOh

Convict2161 said:

Glad I'm not the only one! It's getting really annoying.

Really... REALLY annoying! I've went back and rated and commented on the app but who knows where that goes!?

First off, it is not an issue with the app, so posting bad comments on it would not be very fair. There is a quota to the number of photos you can upload. There are two ways to remedy this:

1. Log onto aquarium advice using a regular browser (either on your computer in in safari on your phone). Go to "user cp" at the top of the page after logging in. In the left column, click "attachments" under miscellaneous (last option in left column). Delete some of the old attachments to make room for more.

2. You can Become a supporting member if you don't want to erase any pics you have uploaded. This allows you to have much more space for uploading images. this URL has more info on that: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/payments.php

Ok with the first off.....Doesn't explain the crashing, postings turning white or disappearing mid post. Typing a post and half way through it's gone, posting a picture that comes up white or the many many error messages on the iPhone throughout the usage of the app.

So making a comment about what I have experienced with the app wasn't bashing your site first off... It was stating issues that I have gone through and I wasn't speaking for anyone BUT myself.

I will continue to use the site. I've had my phone checked by apple and I'm told my phone is running fine and up to date. The only thing they picked up during diagnostics was the app crashing several times.

So don't assume anything unless facts are presented. I have the right to voice my opinions, concerns etc... Of course in a professional manner.

I enjoy the site and will continue to do so.

Have a goodnight.

Dino

That Definitely sounds like a software issue with the ap. I haven't personally seen that one on an iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, or iPad 2. If it comes up again take a screenshot of what you see and post it. Then the issue can be passed on to the developers.

It is also important to remember that the staff here do not have direct control over the appplication software. There is a third party developer and some times especially like when there is a recent iOS update, it can take time and multiple versions to fix all the issues.

It is also important to remember the application is provided free of charge :)

It's just a blank screen. Example. Say I'm replying to this thread as I am now, in the middle texting the letters go away and screen is just white. It still says new reply. And everything else.

Ok with the first off.....Doesn't explain the crashing, postings turning white or disappearing mid post. Typing a post and half way through it's gone, posting a picture that comes up white or the many many error messages on the iPhone throughout the usage of the app.

So making a comment about what I have experienced with the app wasn't bashing your site first off... It was stating issues that I have gone through and I wasn't speaking for anyone BUT myself.

I will continue to use the site. I've had my phone checked by apple and I'm told my phone is running fine and up to date. The only thing they picked up during diagnostics was the app crashing several times.

So don't assume anything unless facts are presented. I have the right to voice my opinions, concerns etc... Of course in a professional manner.

I enjoy the site and will continue to do so.

Have a goodnight.

Dino

I didn't assume anything from what I can tell. I simply addressed the reported issue in the OP and your response to it.

While you may have the "right" to voice your opinion in the general sense, it is important to remember this is a privately owned and moderated community, and the staff reserve the right to moderate it within the spirit of the community rules.

It's just a blank screen. Example. Say I'm replying to this thread as I am now, in the middle texting the letters go away and screen is just white. It still says new reply. And everything else.
Hmmm I have not seen that one. A couple of things that may help if you haven't done so already:

1 are you running the latest iOS? A new version was released today.

2. Are you running the latest version of the ap?

Last thing to try would be to completely delete the ap from your iOS device, reboot the device, and do a fresh reinstall (after confirming you are running the latest iOS version).

fort384 said:
I didn't assume anything from what I can tell. I simply addressed the reported issue in the OP and your response to it.

While you may have the "right" to voice your opinion in the general sense, it is important to remember this is a privately owned and moderated community, and the staff reserve the right to moderate it within the spirit of the community rules.

Understandable but if 2 people are experiencing the same issues with the white screen, it may be worth looking into.

Like I said I DO enjoy the site and I didn't say anything false or bash the site. Just stated issues I was having. When your really into a thread or getting some well needed and important advice and someone is trying to help and you need to give specifics on water conditions, type of fish, tank size etc... And the message area goes blank(white) or app crashes mid texting a reply is sometimes a little aggravating.

Back
Top Bottom