Message when trying to attach photos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justrelax

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions.

This is the message I got when trying to attach a photo to a post. What does this mean? My photo was within the attachment requirements... Thanx :)

It means you have attached a lot of pics and have exceeded your limit. You can delete some if you wish. Click your profile button and follow the links for attachment management.

Sorry, I may need you to spell this one out for me... I'm not seeing anything in my profile page about attachment management.

From the look of it, you either figured it out oe there is another issue, your only at 6% of your allotted attachments.

Yeah, I figured it out. I was in the wrong spot the first time. Before I deleted though, I did notice I was only at 22%. It dosn't matter to me since most of those attachments were not relevant any longer, just thought y'all might want to know. Thanx :)

With out being able to get screen shots of the error message and more details, it's hard to diagnose the problem, if you run up on the issue again...before deleting, lets us try and see what's up.

reefrunner69 said:
With out being able to get screen shots of the error message and more details, it's hard to diagnose the problem, if you run up on the issue again...before deleting, lets us try and see what's up.

Let me try and help. The same problem is happening to me.

Here is the pic I am trying to attach:
CO2.JPG

Here is the error:
error.JPG

Here is my Photo upload stats:
error2.JPG

My Attachment upload stats state that I am currently at 1.22MB out of a total of 10MB allowed or 12%. (screen shot unavalible ATM, but working on it)

FWIW, I'm getting the same error message tonight when trying to post photos and I haven't changed anything on my end, or the way I'm attaching photos. I did manage to post by using a picture host site.

Any ideas?

I have been getting this same error for a few days now. My file sizes are correct and my upload quota has not been reached.

I'm gonna let Aaron look at this one, but I'm thinking we have exceeded the amount of space allotted for the site for attachments. I'm pretty sure it will be nothing more than a setting change, but like I said...I'd like to have the brains look at it ;)

This is a case of reading the message exactly. I work in IT support so belive me most people are not in the practice of reading the message word for word.

The key word in the message is "ALL". The site has an attachment quota and that has been exceeded. I am purging OLD attachments per our policy to get us under quota.

Back
Top Bottom