Mobile App Change Coming Soon-ish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going through the apps on my phone that needed updating and noticed AA app needed updating. It's still dedicated to AA only but uses tatatalk platform (think I spelled that right)

Yep that's what I thought, I'm going through Tapatalk as that's where I was directed to.

It's not in tapatalk by my understanding. Aquarium Advice has their own dedicated app. It's now running on the same platform as tapatalk.

I've tried it a little this morning and so far, I'm liking the old version much better. Maybe I need to reset things, but all threads are starting on page one...no more avatars next to names...I've had to log in four times, where before I never had to log back in...when typing. (like right now) the bottom line goes below where I can not read at times, so I am typing blindly (it's doing it now).

I've tried it a little this morning and so far, I'm liking the old version much better. Maybe I need to reset things, but all threads are starting on page one...no more avatars next to names...I've had to log in four times, where before I never had to log back in...when typing. (like right now) the bottom line goes below where I can not read at times, so I am typing blindly (it's doing it now).

iPhone or Android?

iPhone

I am actually having to log back in every time I post and I do not see anything like a "remember me" to keep it logged in.

Other than the lack of avatar I'm not having any other issues. For my iPhone that is. Just updated my iPad which is what I'm on now so I'll see if I have any other issues. It is just starting out so I'm sure there will be kinks to work out and when be introduced to something new there's always going to need to be adjustment period.

Please be patient as it transitions over. There will be some issues but they will be addressed as soon as they can.

Absolutely. In regards to the issues should they be reported and if so where to. I know that it can be a fine line to walk as to many reports can flood in but if there is no reports then how can the issues be addressed?

Hmm. Just saw the thread. I'm out of touch as I never heard of tapatalk lol. I see now that I have an update available but after reading reviews I'm hesitant.

I'm confused. I reluctantly updated the app. Found it to be extremely cumbersome. I cold not look up any of my posts, it kept telling me I had no posts. I removed the app & re/downloaded it and now the old app is back. I definitely do not want to try the update again. Why is this touted as being so much easier and user friendly if it takes twice as many steps to get where you want? And once I thought I got where I want all my information is missing?

Back
Top Bottom