mobile app freezing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themox

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys,

not sure if it's been mentioned but I've noticed that the mobile app (I use an iPhone) tends to freeze and becomes unlock-able, and unusable if I'm logging in and periodically lose reception or access to the wifi network.

an error messages appears stating "error: connection timed out" or something similar, and then the screen remains blank and black. nothing at this point, save turning my phone off and back on, allows the app to restore; even once strong reception or wifi access is restored.

not exactly life threatening but annoying nonetheless when I'm using the app outside of my home wifi.

Rather than restarting your entire phone, try doing a force close on the app and restarting. That should fix it.

On the home screen of your iPhone, double tap the home button. Touch and hold on the AA icon that pops up in the bar on the bottom. After the icons start shaking, touch the red x. Then tap the home button again and reopen the app.

Mine is timing out. Crashing. And today won't log me in and is blank. Ive done the forced close. No joy !

I'm posting this via Safari. When I followed the App Store link for support it said server not found ??:(

fort384 said:
Rather than restarting your entire phone, try doing a force close on the app and restarting. That should fix it.

On the home screen of your iPhone, double tap the home button. Touch and hold on the AA icon that pops up in the bar on the bottom. After the icons start shaking, touch the red x. Then tap the home button again and reopen the app.

thanks mate, I'll try that next time!

What I do is hold down the power button until it says "slide to power off" do it and once the device turns off hold down the power button again to restart it. This usually solves my "timed out" problems :) -hope it helps!.

I guess it is but just pushing the off button never worked before, I didn't know about the forced close though, I'll try that next time.

Back
Top Bottom