Multi Quote Messages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I still do not understand how to only take 1 sentence from a post and attach it to a reply. I only know how to quote the entire message. I see people quote only bits and pieces of post often I just dont get how to do it.

That is the way I have always done it. Delete the part of the quote I don't want included.

You would think there would be a way to highlight a sentence and quote it without all of the deleting. Maybe I am just overcomplicating things? So what does the multi-quote button do thats on each post.

Ok I get it now Please excuse my lack of commen sense I just had to play with it to figure it out.

Last edited:
Simply hitting 'quote' will only quote the person who has made the post. Like this:

You would think there would be a way to highlight a sentence and quote it without all of the deleting. Maybe I am just overcomplicating things? So what does the multi-quote button do thats on each post.

Ok I get it now Please excuse my lack of commen sense I just had to play with it to figure it out.

You can select any of the posts with the 'multi-quote' button and then hit quote and you will have all of those quotes show up like this:
(I selected every post in this thread)

I still do not understand how to only take 1 sentence from a post and attach it to a reply. I only know how to quote the entire message. I see people quote only bits and pieces of post often I just dont get how to do it.

I'm guessing they quote the entire message, and then just edit down (delete) what they don't want.

That is the way I have always done it. Delete the part of the quote I don't want included.

The multi quote option really helps when you want to anwswer a couple of different posts in one reply.

HTH

Right, use (but take out the spaces....)

[ quote = " rkilling1 " ] The multi quote option really helps when you want to anwswer a couple of different posts in one reply. [ / quote ]

Same thing for the next quote.....

Back
Top Bottom