My Posts need to be approved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NativeKeeper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
how long before my posts dont have to be approved by a mod. Im guessin that its just the ones with pics, but dont that require a lot of your staff effort just to check every post with a pic ??

They are all approved now. It does require a bit of effort from the staff but it drastically cuts down on the amount of spam we get. Links and pictures posted by users under 10 posts will need mod approval, just a FYI.

Thanks and i totally understand, as i spend the first hour every day on my forum deleting a bunch of junk that crept in overnite, mostly new regs with spam in their signature. But they never post at all

If you post a reply and it needs approval because there was a link on it. Then you click on the x to close the notification of that box, does that mean that the reply you posted is gone? Or am I just clearing the alert needs moderator approval?

If it has a link or a picture from another site it will let us know and it will be approved ASAP. It does not matter CB. It will still notify one of the staff.

Don't mean to derail this thread, but the subject was close enough, I figured no sense in creating a unique thread.

I just posted a thread in the Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks forum that (i think) was given the green-light. I tried to change the title of the post, but received an error that no such post was found when I reposted it. Is this because it needs to be re-approved?

Exact Error Message: "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Last edited:
Hi - as a new member, you got caught in our spam snare. When new members post links, those posts are automatically moderated. We've taken this tack to slow down spam and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. After you've posted a few more times this won't happen any more.

Reactions: HN1
I'm a computer geek by trade. I totally understand the need for this on a public forum. Spammers would destroy the community you've worked so hard to create.

Kudos!

Reactions: HN1
Back
Top Bottom