Need a moderator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same here, they really need to update the app and allow more options like the full site does. It's annoying to have to sign on to see certain things...

Think of it the other way around.

The app is streamlined to allow you quick access when you can;'t be on the full site. If we tried to do everything in the app the full site does the navigation would be horrendous and the whole experience would suffer greatly.

You can use a browser from your mobile device as well.

It's understandable for the app to have its limitations. My limitations that with four people in the house all waiting in line to use the computer I rarely get on so the iPad/iPhone is the best option. All in all I'm pleased with. I would like to see a few improvements like the ability to see the URL of the image you want to post. The option is there to post a link to an image but you can't if you don't know the URL. When you click on someone's link to a photo in their albums it opens up the apps internal web browser. Is there no way it could go directly to their profile instead? Is there a thread for suggestions lol.

With that kind of functionality add the best course would be to ask Forum Runner which is what our app is based upon. AA does not maintain the software for the mobile app. We don't have the ability to make functionality changes in it directly. Unfortunately you probably won't see a lot of traction there because as Frank pointed out the purpose of the app is to provide quick, streamlined access on the go. It has never been intended to fully replace the functionality of the full site.

I thought as much that the software is handled by a third party. I've just discovered that I can't copy the picture URL through Safari on the iPad either and the full URL isn't visible. Since signing up to AA, I have never viewed it through the computer. Guess what I'll be doing later

Back
Top Bottom