Need good and accurate thread titles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
Just wanted to ask our members to make sure you have good and accurate titles for your threads. Been noticing lately that people are using one word titles and titles that dont match the info given in the thread. Having more accurate thread titles helps in a few ways:
- Easier to quickly identify the topic of a discussion
- Allows the similar threads feature to link discussions helping members find other possible solutions.
- Helps others on the internet find us through searches
- Looks nice when browsing the site (and portal)

Please help us out in this situation to make AA a good and informative site. Some of you will see titles changed in the weeks to come but it will be only threads that need titles to match the thread. A good example would be if I wanted to talk about my Power head then I would not title it "Power head". I would title it something like " My power head keeps cutting off". Something that gives the person browsing the forum a good idea what the thread is about. Just an example.

Let`s make AA the best site out there. Thanks for all you do at AA.

Excellent! I've noticed, particularly in the sick fish forums, that people put thread titles like "Urgent- Help" or "Please Help!!!!". Appropriate titles like "Goldfish with unknown disease" or something of that nature will help guide those who can provide assistance to that particular thread.

Thank you for this sticky

Also, within our family it helps the mentors, adminstrators and moderators and others who have a specific specialty or expertise know which post to answer first. Instead of making them pick one randomly and directing it to whom it should be replied by. It helps the OP get their answer more quickly instead of the post being shuffled around taking up precious time.

Just wanted to reinterate this thread as we are still having some one word and non helpful thread titles. Please help us out by giving your thread a very informative title.

Back
Top Bottom