Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-31-2003, 07:27 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
New features

Two new items make their presence here at Aquarium Advice today. The first is the ability to bookmark topics. With this feature you dont have to go searching all over the site for a topic you once saw. Now you can just bookmark it and have access to it in a few easy and quick clicks. To read more about this feature visit the following link.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=2078

The second new item is a new style. The style is called fiappleblue and its very different from the styles we had avaiable before. To find out about all the styles we have you can visit the link below.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=2077

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 11:24 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Oh, it's all awful. I can't believe you did it.

No, just messing with you, good work.

Old 02-01-2003, 11:25 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oh yeah, could you add a feature to find out who the heck is giving you kudos. I notice the number change by small amounts sometimes (not the 1 per post, but other) and I would like to know who. That would be nice.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:08 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfan
Oh yeah, could you add a feature to find out who the heck is giving you kudos. I notice the number change by small amounts sometimes (not the 1 per post, but other) and I would like to know who. That would be nice.
Dont look for it anytime soon. The kudos addon is something that was developed by another individual (like many of the add on' here) and I have to see where in the development they are and put that request in. Then it will be a waiting game to see if it is something they implment with the next release of that add-on.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 02-02-2003, 12:13 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Bearfan,

Guess what i found today. I found something simular to what you where asking for.

Now what I found may not do exactly what your looking for so you have to give me feedback if its worth adding.

I found something that will list all kudos transactions. It will list who gave the points and who got the points and then the number of points given. I think it also does date/time stamp.

Now this list is for every transaction not just those given to a specific person.

Would that suite your needs?

Old 02-02-2003, 11:14 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
I love the bookmark feature...good idea!
Old 02-02-2003, 11:29 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hara
I love the bookmark feature...good idea!
Glad you like it.

Old 02-02-2003, 11:52 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to troutman11111
great thing there. it beats trying to remember a post to go back on. i've been using my hot mail. (read mail) 8) :P
75gal oceanic with 20 gal refugium, 750g.p.h.pump for HSA-250 skimmer, EHEIM-1250 PUMP FOR 200gph mincal. calcium reactor with 20lb co2 tank and co2 regulator with solenoid, 800G.P.H. overflow box pump and filter, aquaclearl 500 power filter for circulation and carbon use only,wave maker 900, 3x300g.p.h., pinpoint ph controller, delta star 1/3hp chiller.with 600g.p.h. pump, spectrapure automatic liquid level controller for the addition of ro.di.top off water, kent marine 4 stage delux maxxima 35g.p.d. hi-s, t.d.s. monitor, flush kit, 170lbs live rock, 5in sand bed, acropora's LG green,pink, and med purple, LG montipora encrusting purple, LG porities coral yellow, LG ruffled ridge coral, LG starburst coral green, green hairy mushrooms 100+, blue mushrooms, red mush, fluorescent green mush,green striped mush, bubble coral, LG finger leather and 2in baby, green ricordia mush, in refugium halimeda plant, caulerpa, and lot's of bug's. 1 purple tang, male and female percular clown's, 1 yellow wrasse
troutman11111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 07:02 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

That kudos transaction list would be fantastic. It might be interesting to shed some light on who kudos in dark corners with his neighbors wife 8O
Old 02-03-2003, 04:13 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Ok I have this transaction page installed on our test server. It appears that there is no record kept in the database as who gives what and how much so the transaction page will only show transactions that occur from the point that its installed forward.

I will work on installing it here. Now sure exactly how we will link to it right now. Given that there wont be any transactions right away anyway I dont see that as a concern right away.

Tags
eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com