Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Admin

The background looks a bit low resolution because it is. The original image was very large and also high resolution. That means the file size was large. Keeping the background image to a small file size (lite) means that pages load fast. This is especially important for those on slow connections.

><
((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>
.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><((((>
Support Aquarium Advice | Community Rules | Terms of Service | Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Thanks for everything Janet and the SK Team. The new look is refreshing. Might take a little to get used to but I think it will be better in the long run! I especially like the Portal/Home page. Can't wait to see things take off.

Thanks again!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

The new background really squished everything in for me and the white sections where text is typed are now glaring white. Guess it'll take some getting used to but I'm sure it was done for a good reason.
75: blood parrots, featherfin cat, emperor tetras, turquoise rainbowfish, BN plecos, japanese trapdoor; 46: WCMM, gold inca snails, ghost, bamboo & amano shrimp, kuhli loaches, rummynose & ember tetras, endlers, platies, flame gourami, guppies; 16: pygmy, peppered, loxozonus corys, otos, assassins, RCS ... ~ Research PRIOR to purchase.... ~
LyndaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cool new site! Good job.

And we have a new reputation button? Is that the same as the thanks button? Thank you.

Nevermind, it is gone now. It was near the online and report button.

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

I'm sure my opinion won't count for much, but I liked it alot better the way it was before. It loaded much faster, was easier to navigate, and didn't upset my computer. I have quit many forums entirely due to the fact that they were so "hi-tech" that I couldn't even enjoy them, and I had always loved that this one wasn't that way, but now it's just like the others.... I need to refresh the window or close it down completely every time it freezes up, which is often, and I can't use the drop down menus at all because there are big banner ads in the way of the subforum selection. I'm sure there is much tweaking to be done yet, but even when it's totally finished, I'm sure it will still upset my computer significantly more than the old layout did.

On the positive side, I do like the way it looks for the most part... I agree that the contrast is a bit much; the white areas look REALLY white, but it doesn't affect the functionality of the site at all, so I don't mind one bit. The background image is fuzzy, but once everything else comes up, you can barely see it anyway, so I don't think it's a big deal at all.

Also.... I love love LOVE the fish at top! Adorable!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

i haven't had any issues, but haveing a $900 video card, i shouldn't have issues with anything!
i thought i was on some other forum, i had to double check to make sure i was on AA, lol

I can see there being lag that is being introduced because of the graphics.
I like it either way, i'm more concerned with the content than the flashy graphics.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to George9
Wow! It looks awesome! The only problem i noticed is that the ads overlap the drop down menus, but it is new and bugs need to still be squashed
Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #18
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Before making any firm judgement on it, give the admins some time to work out the bugs. I've seen quite a few resolved already, and as we discover them, they are looking in to resolutions.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaB View Post
The new background really squished everything in for me and the white sections where text is typed are now glaring white. Guess it'll take some getting used to but I'm sure it was done for a good reason.
I suppose the 'white' can be tweaked-down to not-so-white with no problems
Plus... I loved the old shrimp logo (God, I must be getting older with all that moaning!)

Btw-- is there any chance to get the picture of the old shrimp from the logo? I think that'd be a nice tattoo...
Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

im not a big fan of the new look,but im sure it will grow on me

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com