New Look This Week - Forum Changes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I say use the high resolution image and cache it (since it will never change). Also, this is big picture forum - not like a programming forum where it is mostly text and images are sparse to keep bandwidth low. The browser will likely cache it anyways, and a high resolution image would look much much sharper and will not effect page load times. Not many people on dialup anymore.

Nice job, though!

Is there a link to the portal page anymore?

I suppose the 'white' can be tweaked-down to not-so-white with no problems :)

The white has been toned down a bit.

Plus... I loved the old shrimp logo (God, I must be getting older with all that moaning!)

Btw-- is there any chance to get the picture of the old shrimp from the logo? I think that'd be a nice tattoo...

Here you go - got ink?

Attachments

• aquariumadvice_crab_512.jpg
    aquariumadvice_crab_512.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 101
I apoligize if it is there, but is the Aquaria off topic forum gone for good now?

I think the improvements look great. Of course it will take some getting used to but I have to say, keep the comments and suggestions and any problems that you might be having coming. Feedback is always appreciated and will help to iron out any bugs.

Aha! Thanks redsea. I knew it would be here somewhere.

I also think it would be nice if you could sign in from the home page as well, but that's just me. It really doesn't matter that much. I understand how frustrating it can be writing and changing code around.

Janet H said:
The white has been toned down a bit.

Here you go - got ink?

Great!!! Thanks a lot :)
My wife is constantly bothering me for a tattoo, but she wouldn't go alone, so I have to have one as well :lol:

And now I have nothing to moan about since you've made it less white ... :hide:
Great job!!

Truthfully I like the change, I just wish the "background" image wasn't covering roughly 38% of my screen. Then add the ads on top of that & the actual forum section is only ~44% of actual desktop real estate. I mean most of us are here for the forums or article & they're not even the primary component of hwat you see now. I understand that vendors are needed & I'm not saying take them out, but is there anyway to make the forum section wider & take out the dead black space on the sides of the background image?

I love the new look! Good job everyone involved! Like some others i had to do a double check of the address to make sure I was on the right forum. :)

I have to wonder if there are some issues with the resolution settings on peoples computers which is causing issues for them as far as ads and graphics covering stuff up. Everything is looking and functioning perfect on my screen. The forum portions of the screen are just as big as they have always been and I haven't seen any issues as far as loading times or lag. Just my .02.

Again, Great job!!

I think it looks like a picture that was made for 800 x 600. it looks like watching non widescreen movies on a widescreen & you get those 2 black bars.

here's what i'm talknig about:
6948202312_3e9665ebcc_z.jpg

if you took those 2 black bars(highlited in red boxes) out & made the forum that much wider it would look 10x better.

I have a 22" monitor and resolution at 1680 x1050 and it spans the width of my screen. What's your resolution? I reckon it's set higher than the width of the image, which is 1760px.

I have a 22" monitor and resolution at 1680 x1050 and it spans the width of my screen. What's your resolution? I reckon it's set higher than the width of the image, which is 1760px.

1900x1200 on a 22" wide hehe I'll check it out at home on the 30" & see what it looks like. im thinknig the bigger the monitor the less it's going to bother me (y)

I like the new look. Its easy to navigate, and highlights some good info on the home page. The only drawback to me is the time it takes to load each page when reading the forum. But I usually do that on my ipad which is still as quick as ever.

1900x1200 on a 22" wide hehe I'll check it out at home on the 30" & see what it looks like. im thinknig the bigger the monitor the less it's going to bother me (y)

There ya have it :p Your resolution width (1900) is wider than the actual image (1760). The whole image is displayed and not stretched. The black you see is the background color of the page. At least it is centered though. :D If it really bothered you, you could set your computer resolution lower. How do you see things at 1900x1200 lol :cool: maybe i have bad eyes

There ya have it :p Your resolution width (1900) is wider than the actual image (1760). The whole image is displayed and not stretched. The black you see is the background color of the page. At least it is centered though. :D If it really bothered you, you could set your computer resolution lower. How do you see things at 1900x1200 lol :cool: maybe i have bad eyes

haha well im at home & it does look way better on a bigger monitor. yea I have great vision so 1900x1200 is my minimum otherwise I see pixels & it annoys me hahaha.

Lol my problem is completely the opposite.... I need to scroll side to side just to read threads and see who posted what... But when I set my monitor to 75%, everything is too tiny to read.

Back
Top Bottom