Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2012, 11:36 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Truthfully I like the change, I just wish the "background" image wasn't covering roughly 38% of my screen. Then add the ads on top of that & the actual forum section is only ~44% of actual desktop real estate. I mean most of us are here for the forums or article & they're not even the primary component of hwat you see now. I understand that vendors are needed & I'm not saying take them out, but is there anyway to make the forum section wider & take out the dead black space on the sides of the background image?

NyteGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I love the new look! Good job everyone involved! Like some others i had to do a double check of the address to make sure I was on the right forum.

I have to wonder if there are some issues with the resolution settings on peoples computers which is causing issues for them as far as ads and graphics covering stuff up. Everything is looking and functioning perfect on my screen. The forum portions of the screen are just as big as they have always been and I haven't seen any issues as far as loading times or lag. Just my .02.

Again, Great job!!

skywhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I think it looks like a picture that was made for 800 x 600. it looks like watching non widescreen movies on a widescreen & you get those 2 black bars.

here's what i'm talknig about:

if you took those 2 black bars(highlited in red boxes) out & made the forum that much wider it would look 10x better.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a 22" monitor and resolution at 1680 x1050 and it spans the width of my screen. What's your resolution? I reckon it's set higher than the width of the image, which is 1760px.
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy View Post
I have a 22" monitor and resolution at 1680 x1050 and it spans the width of my screen. What's your resolution? I reckon it's set higher than the width of the image, which is 1760px.
1900x1200 on a 22" wide hehe I'll check it out at home on the 30" & see what it looks like. im thinknig the bigger the monitor the less it's going to bother me
Old 04-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I like the new look. Its easy to navigate, and highlights some good info on the home page. The only drawback to me is the time it takes to load each page when reading the forum. But I usually do that on my ipad which is still as quick as ever.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteGTI View Post
1900x1200 on a 22" wide hehe I'll check it out at home on the 30" & see what it looks like. im thinknig the bigger the monitor the less it's going to bother me
There ya have it :P Your resolution width (1900) is wider than the actual image (1760). The whole image is displayed and not stretched. The black you see is the background color of the page. At least it is centered though. If it really bothered you, you could set your computer resolution lower. How do you see things at 1900x1200 lol maybe i have bad eyes
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottayy View Post
There ya have it :P Your resolution width (1900) is wider than the actual image (1760). The whole image is displayed and not stretched. The black you see is the background color of the page. At least it is centered though. If it really bothered you, you could set your computer resolution lower. How do you see things at 1900x1200 lol maybe i have bad eyes
haha well im at home & it does look way better on a bigger monitor. yea I have great vision so 1900x1200 is my minimum otherwise I see pixels & it annoys me hahaha.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Activist

Lol my problem is completely the opposite.... I need to scroll side to side just to read threads and see who posted what... But when I set my monitor to 75%, everything is too tiny to read.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Activist

However, my computer is probably as old as I am......

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com