Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-27-2003, 11:46 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

New Photo Gallery available

The adminsitration of Aquarium advice.com is proud to announce the we have upgraded our photo album software to what is regarded in the forum community as the best photohandling software available. We are making the software available a few days before removing the older gallery software, so those of you with gallerys have an opportunity to move your photos to the new gallery. We ask that to conserve server space you delete the photos out of the old gallery after you move them to the new gallery. You will have until April 1st to move your photos.

The new gallery software is really very user friendly. The new gallery will have catagories to upload photos to, for example: if you have a pic of a yellow tang you would upload it to the "tangs angels and butterflys" catagory. The pic will automatically be uploaded to your member gallery, but will also be cross referenced by what type of fish, plant, coral, pond etc....This is really exciting because it could aid new members in identification of some of their wet pets. Also with the new software, it will not be necessary for an admin to "set up" a gallery for you, all members are free to upload photos. At this point all photos must be approved by an admin before they will be visible, but we anticipate removing that restriction very shortly.

From the gallery you will be able to link to photos in your gallery to be shown "in line". To do this simply right click on your pic, select properties and copy the URL, then in your post add it using the img button, or manually add the img tags. This becomes important since there are upload quotas in how much you can upload via attatchments.

All members will have 1MB of space allotted to them in the gallery, so I urge you to size your pics to as small a file size as quality will permit. If you need some image sizing software, post in the Photography/Showoff forum, there are plenty of good free ones available. Shortly we will be announcing a way to be granted a larger amount of space in the gallery and in the attatchment quota.

We hope you enjoy the new software and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, if you have any questions please feel free to post them in the "Site Help/Feedback" forum.

For the time being, you can access the new gallery from this link...
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/index.php

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:37 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Transferring...

Please tell me how to transfere from old Gallery to New Gallery???

and a whole lot more....
CMKll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 10:50 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
There is no easy way to convert. The only method is to copy the galley files local to your computer via the right click and save method. Then upload them to the new gallery.

As you have seen the two galleries are totally different and are not compatable in how they store their information.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 03:20 PM   #4

One more Question,,,
Will I be able to have Sub. Albums within my Main Album????
TIA
and a whole lot more....
Old 03-28-2003, 04:28 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

How do you add photos, I am lost
Old 03-28-2003, 04:35 PM   #6

d9hp,,,
On the Home Page in the Article on New Gallery is a link, click it, that will take you to the new Gallery, on the upper right of that page you will find a link called, Upload Photo, click on it and follow the directions...
HTH
and a whole lot more....
Old 03-28-2003, 05:20 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Will I be able to have Sub. Albums within my Main Album????
Not at this time. All pics should be uploaded to the proper catagory, and then they will all show up in your member gallery. Rather than Albums, it is more like catagorizing and then cross referencing. At some time in the future we may enable users to create personal albums, but at this time it is not available.

Thanks for the help for d9hp!! Kudos to you!!

Old 03-28-2003, 06:04 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, I got it, I wasn't logged in, thanks for the help though.

(not for any purpose, but when you say Kudos, does that mean you gave him Kudos, or are you just saying it, like thanks, I see it a lot, but dont want to use it and not give any of them to anybody)
Old 03-28-2003, 06:46 PM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
but when you say Kudos, does that mean you gave him Kudos,
I suppose some people actually talk like that, but I don't. So if I say, "Kudos to user" I gave them some kudos/points. On the home page we have a link to all kudos transactions (well, from when we installed the mod) so you can see who is giving you kudos and how many as well.

Old 03-28-2003, 08:15 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks a lot for that clarification

Kudos, and no I didnt give you any

Tags
oto, photo

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com