New "SKINS" aka Styles for you to pick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreek

Aquarium Advice Addict
There has been some requests from some members about chaning the overall appearance of the site. The style that the site has been using since its creation was the default aka 'subSilver' style. This style will remain the default for those who dont want to change.

But, for those who want to try something a little different I urge you to give one of the other two NEW styles a try. I personally like the fisubice style and you modem users might like the fisubtext style as it has many of the graphics removed and simple HTML text links put in place.

To change your style preference you first have to login to the site. Then under the Welcome box you will see a new drop down menu that says "Change Style". Pick the style you want to try and click "GO"

You can also change your style by clicking on the "Update your Profile" link in the same Welcome box.

Added...

This was one of those 'random' mods that was installed a long time ago that I forgot about and did not notice.

Ok, folks, I'm using the text skin, I miss the banner and some of the buttons, but it is much speedier on dial up :D

Which one are you using?

I tried the new styles but I switched back to the subSilver.

Maybe I am old-fashioned or just resistant to change but I love this color scheme. Soft and subtle, yet plenty of contrast.

BUT - I love the idea of being able to change it if the mood strikes me.

Great Job fishfreek, another fine piece of site evolution.
PS. About the birthdays in the profile, have you thought about something like 10 Kudos for a birthday present or something like that? I can ask because my birthday isn't until June (so it is not like I am sucking up). :lol:

text

Hey Aaron,
Tried out the text style at home. It really smokes compared to the old style on my dinky dial up connection. Couldn't tell a lot of difference on the laptop with the 33.6 modem, but it really makes a difference here. Great job!
Logan J

Tried out the new two and they are pretty good. The last one is definitely beneficial to those with a slower connection / dial-up etc. Like TargaBoy though, I always stick to what I know what best .. but its nice to have the extra options if needed. :)

Well if you could give us some idea of what/how different your looking for.

The biggest problem is that for something drasticly different many of the images (including the buttons) would have to be redone and all that obvsiouly adds time and effort vs being able to reuse graphics that already exist.

Checked them out, all cool, but I'll stick with subsilver. Cable modem rules!

Cable modem rules!

moon.gif

what about having the setup of the blacksoul style, but changing the colors? or is that complicated? (green,pink, purple, i dont know....)

No, it's not that complicated, and is something I have considered, not necessarilly with blacksoul but any of the styles. Should take more than altering the style sheet and renaming the files. I'm still considering it.

Back
Top Bottom