Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-14-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Admin

New 'Thanks' Button - Warm Fuzzies

To help AA members to express agreement, gratitude or appreciation for another member's post we are rolling out a new feature in the next few days. A fancy new Thanks button will replace the old reputation system and will be a great way to show agreement or appreciation for a good post without leaving a trail of empty posts on a thread. Each time you click the thanks icon (located in each post), you have the opportunity to leave a comment, which is sent to the post author via PM and also is stored in their user cp.

You will be able to access your own thanks comments in your user cp (click on user cp on the upper nav bar) and the last 30 or so will be displayed in the center section of the page under "Latest Thanks received" You can also see stats about how many times you've been thanked. The new thanks feature is going to replace 'Reputation' and we hope that help improve the community feel and encourage great posting. The reputation points that you currently have will be rolled back to a lower number but everyones will be rolled back proportionally. If you have a high number now, you will have a high number relative to other members after the new system is implemented. Each person you thank for great posting will receive one point regardless of your own score. Scores will be private and for your personal enjoyment.

You can send a thanks quickly and make another member feel great about taking the time to put up an excellent post, you can let someone know you agree with their post or even help a new member feel welcome this way.

Thanks to those who suggested the new Thanks feature and to AA members who continue to offer awesome advice and help to others.

><
((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>
.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><((((>
Support Aquarium Advice | Community Rules | Terms of Service | Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:40 PM   #2
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

When will it start. I`m feeling warm and fuzzy all over.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by melosu58 View Post
When will it start. I`m feeling warm and fuzzy all over.
It will start in the next few days

><
((((> .`.><((((> .`.><((((>
.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><((((>
Support Aquarium Advice | Community Rules | Terms of Service | Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

but...i like rep,change is bad,why cant we stay the same...?

im kidding,im sure it will be great
just outta curiosity,why are you rolling back the points we already have?
Old 07-20-2011, 02:45 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Woot woot that sounds awesome?!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think it sounds like a great idea!! Hate to see my rep points disappear but hey, what can you do? LOL

Will this feature work with the mobile app?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Rep points really mean nothing, as does post count. I've received rep points for quick answers I posted while other guys post a novel and don't get any. They are truly overrated and I think the new system will be a welcomed change.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:18 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

ive got another question,will we still have to give thanks to 10 people before we give it to the same person twice? i ask because there have been lots of times wher i couldnt give rep to a person who really deserved it
Old 07-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm usually very happy to receive just a thank you in the post if I've been helpful. That makes my day.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
Fish R friends, not food!

I think this is a good system. The rep points were a joke. What did they mean when people were asking for them? I like the thank you button and think it will be a welcome improvement! I also think you should not show the number of posts for a user. I have 1667 posts and there are people that have been on the site for 2-3 months that have 6000. It is no longer the indicator for knowledge, just a person that has a lot of time to post.

spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com