New 'Thanks' Button - Warm Fuzzies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Administrator
Site Team
To help AA members to express agreement, gratitude or appreciation for another member's post we are rolling out a new feature in the next few days. A fancy new Thanks button will replace the old reputation system and will be a great way to show agreement or appreciation for a good post without leaving a trail of empty posts on a thread. Each time you click the thanks icon (located in each post), you have the opportunity to leave a comment, which is sent to the post author via PM and also is stored in their user cp.

You will be able to access your own thanks comments in your user cp (click on user cp on the upper nav bar) and the last 30 or so will be displayed in the center section of the page under "Latest Thanks received" You can also see stats about how many times you've been thanked. The new thanks feature is going to replace 'Reputation' and we hope that help improve the community feel and encourage great posting. The reputation points that you currently have will be rolled back to a lower number but everyones will be rolled back proportionally. If you have a high number now, you will have a high number relative to other members after the new system is implemented. Each person you thank for great posting will receive one point regardless of your own score. Scores will be private and for your personal enjoyment.

You can send a thanks quickly and make another member feel great about taking the time to put up an excellent post, you can let someone know you agree with their post or even help a new member feel welcome this way.

Thanks to those who suggested the new Thanks feature and to AA members who continue to offer awesome advice and help to others. :flowers:

:thanks:

Last edited:
but...i like rep,change is bad,why cant we stay the same...?

im kidding,im sure it will be great
just outta curiosity,why are you rolling back the points we already have?

I think it sounds like a great idea!! Hate to see my rep points disappear but hey, what can you do? LOL

Will this feature work with the mobile app?

Rep points really mean nothing, as does post count. I've received rep points for quick answers I posted while other guys post a novel and don't get any. They are truly overrated and I think the new system will be a welcomed change.

ive got another question,will we still have to give thanks to 10 people before we give it to the same person twice? i ask because there have been lots of times wher i couldnt give rep to a person who really deserved it

I'm usually very happy to receive just a thank you in the post if I've been helpful. That makes my day. :)

I think this is a good system. The rep points were a joke. What did they mean when people were asking for them? I like the thank you button and think it will be a welcome improvement! I also think you should not show the number of posts for a user. I have 1667 posts and there are people that have been on the site for 2-3 months that have 6000. It is no longer the indicator for knowledge, just a person that has a lot of time to post.

Last edited:
Now all we need are tshirts that says I'm a member of AA ( aquarium advice) lol lol good way to raise money for the site!! Ok really aquarium advice members Ts would be cool... Like with your rep status or thanks u's lol

Will this feature work with the mobile app?

I'm not sure...

ive got another question,will we still have to give thanks to 10 people before we give it to the same person twice? i ask because there have been lots of times wher i couldnt give rep to a person who really deserved it

Yes - you will still need to spread the thanks around ;)

Sounds great! Seems like a good way to go, especially because a lot of the new members don't know what rep is because they've never heard of it before! Sometimes change is for the better :)

That's great news.

I only use mobile app. Are there more features on the pc?

Shouldn't it be the same. Please do add this features on the app.

'Scores will be private and for your personal enjoyment.'

Hallelujah...

Opps did I say that out loud?

Just tagging along. :)

Back
Top Bottom