Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Great idea! I would love to trade some frags with my fellow AA reefers that would be soo cool. I wanna say "i got this acan from Mrc" lol i know this is a good idea, hopefully more members see this thread!

Old 08-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like a good idea to me. I know I support Jodi and her store, but idk how many ppl I would would love to swap frags with on AA. I've either helped or been helped by most of these ppl, so I know their tanks are good and trust worthy. Just my two cents.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #13
come get me tang police!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858
What I'm talking about would break the rules for the classifieds section.and ontop of that I would garuantee more people looking to swap frags would check a section devoted to corals then in a broad selection of wtb/selling/trading. It would be more like a bulletin board of peoples overflow of corals and frags that you could browse whenever you'd like.
How would it break classifieds rules?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cause I would like it to be a section we could conversate amongst each other too which we can't in the classifieds.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

And this may not be breaking rules but it seems like it would be borderline. What I'm picturing there would be open threads for people to just drop some pictures and a list.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #16
come get me tang police!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858 View Post
And this may not be breaking rules but it seems like it would be borderline. What I'm picturing there would be open threads for people to just drop some pictures and a list.
That's already possible in a single swap thread unless there's some provision in the rules that I missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858 View Post
Cause I would like it to be a section we could conversate amongst each other too which we can't in the classifieds.
Ah yeah, that's definitely not going to fly in the regular classifieds. We have sections for people to converse about certain topics, it doesn't have a place in the classifieds. In a b/s/t/swap, whatever you want to call it, you'd probably want to minimize chatter also since the whole point of the thread is to swap something and not have loosely related discussion on stocking or whatnot.

The reason why I personally don't promote swaps is because it's easy to be taken advantage of because there is a large trust factor involved. There are methods to help mitigate scamming etc but who would be in charge of regulating that?

Personally speaking, I like the idea but don't know if it warrants it's own section. Expanding on the idea, the planted tank people could do something similar with their stuff as well, so could the breeders.

I don't think there has been an official response yet, but stay tuned.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i'm not there yet but I'd be on board with this idea.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetajockey

Ah yeah, that's definitely not going to fly in the regular classifieds. We have sections for people to converse about certain topics, it doesn't have a place in the classifieds. In a b/s/t/swap, whatever you want to call it, you'd probably want to minimize chatter also since the whole point of the thread is to swap something and not have loosely related discussion on stocking or whatnot.

The reason why I personally don't promote swaps is because it's easy to be taken advantage of because there is a large trust factor involved. There are methods to help mitigate scamming etc but who would be in charge of regulating that?
This is why I feel we need a section like classifieds but chattable since it is solely based on trust of other members. As for regulating it I feel like AA as a community could handle that on our own. Given, there have been people scammed even in our current classifieds section I do think over time it would really bring the reefers closer together which after a while most will get to know one another if they don't already
Old 08-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank you for the suggestion. The site team is currently discussing this and if we decide it is a good idea for implementation we will make an announcement,.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com