Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-13-2002, 05:30 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Newsletter

Have tried to sign up for newsletter and keep getting message "Page Cancelled". Anyone else having this problem?

Old 10-13-2002, 06:28 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

This thread was moved to it's current forum.

Yes, I get the same thing Bett. I use AOL, and I am wondering if it is an integration problem. I will try later to sign up using IE6 and see how it goes and post back.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 07:24 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
When does the script give you this error message?

Does it give it to you before you can enter your e-mail address?

Does it do it after you click submit?

I have 4 other people on the list currently.

Should you not be able to sign up via the webpate you can sign up by sending an e-mail message as instructed below
  • Send an e-mail to newsletter@aquariumadvice.com and in the subject place the following two items subscribe Site_Updates Do not put anything else in the subject or the body of the message.

If all else fails you can send me a PM and give me the e-mail account you want the newsletter to go to and I will subscribe you manually.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 07:34 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Must be AOl, it let me subscribe with IE6. It would give me the error message after clicking submit. It would take a minute, but it would eventually give me the error message:
Web Site Not Responding
The web site you have requested may be experiencing technical difficulties due to a busy or broken server.

Please try again by clicking the Reload icon on your navigation bar or, if that doesn't work, you may want to return to the site at a later time.

504 Connection Timed Out
It is an AOL error message, rather than a IE message, I think aol's browser, just won't let you wait as long as it takes to subscribe.

Old 10-13-2002, 07:42 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Yes its an AOL browser problem.

The script goes out and verifies your e-mail address and this process can take a while.

AOL must decide its waited long enough and pops up that sever not responding message.

I will put a msg on the signup page about AOL and the alternate method.

Thanks for brining this to my attention.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 10-13-2002, 07:53 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

The funny thing is, I signed up via AOL (with an alternate email addy), got the same message, but got the confimation email to that alternate addy. I have yet to receive the confimation email from signing up with IE....

Old 10-13-2002, 08:11 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

I see you signed up under your aquariumadvice account. I do not see any accounts waiting for activation.

Old 10-14-2002, 12:01 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Must be AOL I had the same message Web site not responding
I tried multiple times and finally got through, but never recieved a confirmation.

GOTTA LOVE AOL

When my kids get tired of it out it goes

EMS503
Old 10-14-2002, 01:20 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

If all else fails you can send an e-mail as described above. I also added a mailto link on the newsletter singup page.

Your not subscribed until you click on the link in the verification e-mail.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com