Official Acronym Guide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RodneyCK

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been away from the hobby for some time now and I just want to say that this forum is excellent, a real wealth of information, especially to someone who is trying to refresh his knowledge on the subject.

I am finding it a bit difficult to read and understand all this information because of one thing, acronyms. There are tons of them being thrown around in this forum and from several postings I have read, I am not the only one who is having a problem with them.

Is there a guide here to all the acronyms being used? LOL. Personally, I spend more time trying to figure out what they mean than actually absorbing what I am reading. This is just a thought/suggestion and something that a newbie, more or less like me, might find helpful.

Best,
RodneyCK

if the acronym is underlined, you can place your mouse pointer over it for a second and it will use english :) so If you put your mouse pointer over lfs a box will pop up and say "local fish store." I hope this helps.

Very cool, wow. I feel embarrased now, but at least I will be able to follow along, LOL. Thanks Hookemhorns_98.

:D

Glad you are finding everything you need.

Moving to "Site help/Feedback" forum.

Cheers
Steve

Splendidus,

The "mouse over" will only work if the site knows the acronym. For example, LFS, CC, FW, SW, PH, etc...

Move your mouse over the above red acronyms. You will notice a box pops up with a description of what each means.

How did you implement the acronym mouse over, I would like to add this to my site. Would you be so kind to share.

Look on front page of site. There is a LONG list of all the defined acryonims in the left menu box aswell.

wajones its a phpbb mod that can be found at www.phpbb.com

Back
Top Bottom