Old User Returning with Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acei23

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How on earth do you stick a profile picture on these days?

When i select a photo to be used it tells me its processing and doesnt budge from there.

Any info would be useful.

Sent from my D6603 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Reduce the size of the photo and it should load. I had the same problem. ;) Just use your editing software on your computer and resize to 80 x 80 pixels or 19.5 kb. That's the maximum size for a profile pic ( a.k.a. avatar).

Hope this helps. (y)

Reduce the size of the photo and it should load. I had the same problem. ;) Just use your editing software on your computer and resize to 80 x 80 pixels or 19.5 kb. That's the maximum size for a profile pic ( a.k.a. avatar).

Hope this helps. (y)

There's no way to do it via the mobile app?

One way to resize pics using a mobile device is to mail it to yourself. After selecting the image your should get an option to select an image size (small, medium, large, original).
I have not tried this with avatars yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

One way to resize pics using a mobile device is to mail it to yourself. After selecting the image your should get an option to select an image size (small, medium, large, original).
I have not tried this with avatars yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
I gave it a go and almost got it right.

Cheers.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sorry, can't help with anything mobile as I only use a laptop or desktop. My phone is a "dumb" phone so no internet using for it. :D
I do see a pic so you must have done something right. Not sure what else you wanted in the pic? :blink:

Sorry, can't help with anything mobile as I only use a laptop or desktop. My phone is a "dumb" phone so no internet using for it. :D
I do see a pic so you must have done something right. Not sure what else you wanted in the pic? :blink:

The original pic had more in it, i just couldn't work it into a square frame.

Attachments

• 1460216615265.jpg
    1460216615265.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 84
I had the same thing. I just made my original pic into a thumbnail and got it all in. Unfortunately, you can't really see the beauty in the fins of my fish because it had to be so small. :( But it all has to do with the size of the original pic. If you can get that to the maximum size allowed, you should be able to get more of it in.

Hope this helps. (y)

Back
Top Bottom