Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Forum Admin & Announcements
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Only 1 day left to get your pic in the Calendar

Alright folks, you have just 6 days left to submit your pics in the 2007 AquariumAdvice.com Calendar. We need all the entries we can get, this is a way you can help support AquariumAdvice, all proceeds from the calendar go right back into the site. Plus you get your picture published in a calendar you can share with family and friends. So send in your pics, we are doing a SW calendar and a FW calendar so we need plenty of photos to choose from!!!

Here is a little visual inspiration for you, these are quick snaps of last years calendar, the quality isn't that great, I didn't have much time to really set these shots up and I don't have the original cover photos we submitted to the printer anymore...so I had to drag my calendars off the wall to take these. The calendars are much higher quality than these represent, but you get the idea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _mg_0542-edit_115.jpg (92.7 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg _mg_0545-edit_194.jpg (200.6 KB, 200 views)

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 10-15-2006, 02:46 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

It has been brought to my attention that some people may be having problems with the size requirements for the pics.

Photo Requirements:
1) minimum 2301800 to 3300 X 2550
2) saved as a level 10 jpg (PhotoShop) or corresponding compression level in other editor.
3) No larger than 4MB
4) accompanied by submitters real name and forum username

It didn't click before, but should have. Nost images will need to be interpolated to the larger sizes we need for the calendar. I have an 8 megapixel camera and I had to interpolate mine a bit. Don't let this stop you from sending in your pics. If your camera is at least 3 megapixels...send your photo. I can interpolate the images for you to the appropriate size (and would prefer to do it that way cause I have some specialized software for interpolation, and the results will be better if I use the original file. If you want to do it yourself....you can simply increase the size of the image by 10% in steps until you reach your target size. If you have the option, use bicubic interpolation. In PS in the resize menu you would change the input from pixels to percent and use 110% until you reach your target size. It's really simple and gives good results.

Remember provided your image is at least 3mega pixels, go ahead and send it, don't worry about re-sizing it, I'll do it for you If your unsure of what your megapixels are or your using a scanned film image etc....multiply the length by the width (in pixels) of the image to get your total pixel count. 1 million pixels = 1 megapixel. So if your image has at least 3 million pixels (total pixel count) we can use it.

Send your images to aacalendar@gmail.com by October 20th to have a shot at getting your image in the Calendar!!

Visit Nature Coast Photography
Old 10-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Due to needing to get this out in a timly manor we have to cut the images off tommorow. You will have until Midnight Sat to submit your images to the email address above.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Just a reminder only 3 hours remain on the calendar submission window.

Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:44 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Submissions closed

Closed Thread

Tags
pic

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com